The Night Sky 2016

Ghost

Booooooo!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
5 planets to make rare alignment…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/12107960/Five-planets-to-align-in-spectacular-celestial-show.html

_87813938_five_planets.png

Best time to see will be 45mins before dawn (clear skies)

“If you are using binoculars it’s important not to look towards the sun when it rises.”

Reactions: Jake 61, Sandra and Nilz
Cheers @Ghost , will try and get a look of this if i get a chance.

Reactions: Ghost
Just had my instructions from Mother on where to look and when.....!

:telescope::eyes:
:respekt: to @motherofJake61
icon_thumright.gif

Weather was the winner this morning, but we have a while yet.

Lots of time left for this @Jake 61 , id have thought you’d have a good view from where you live, and even better if you’re out on a rig?

Weathers been horrendous
depressed.gif

Reactions: Jake 61
:respekt: to @motherofJake61
icon_thumright.gif

Lots of time left for this @Jake 61 , id have thought you’d have a good view from where you live, and even better if you’re out on a rig?

Weathers been horrendous
depressed.gif

Ha ha, I will pass on your regards @Ghost, she is always on the ball with all things astrological.
Agreed, the weather has been a menace, snow here tonight, but now gone to frost, so the morning might be clear enough...:saturn:

Reactions: Ghost and Sandra
ISS is going over the UK tonight at 19:20
16th Tuesday at 18:37
17th Wednesday at 19:20

I did watch it going over last Thursday, was incredibly bright.

Edit time change..
Over UK tonight 19:30 ….. in 10 mins
16th February 18:37
17th February 19:21

Great chance to see the international space station over the UK tonight at 21:39

Can we have a clear sky please?
:)

Great chance to see the international space station over the UK tonight at 21:39

Can we have a clear sky please?
:)
Will pass that info onto guys. Thanks Ghost :) x

Absolutely Sandra. Same last week when I was off, lovely when I had to be somewhere and dreich when I had time.

:grumpy:

Absolutely Sandra. Same last week when I was off, lovely when I had to be somewhere and dreich when I had time.

:grumpy:
Yes I know exactly what you mean. When I have free time it mostly rains. It has been mild winter though :)

Tonight the ISS will be over the UK at 20:47

Nice early one for you to get the young ones out to see. :)

Reactions: Jake 61
Transit of Mercury on May 9th

I've never witnessed this before so don’t know how clear it will be to see, Im guessing Mercury will only look like a small black pea against the background of the Sun.

ToV2004-Babak_341px.jpg

Posting this up a little early to give who is interested time to get set-up safely..

Any attempt to observe the sun can be dangerous, and should only be attempted by observers who have the proper equipment and are aware of the dangers

More info…

http://www.space.com/32476-mercury-transit-may-2016-rare-event.html

Reactions: Nilz, Jake 61 and Sandra
Transit of Mercury on May 9th

I've never witnessed this before so don’t know how clear it will be to see, Im guessing Mercury will only look like a small black pea against the background of the Sun.

ToV2004-Babak_341px.jpg

Posting this up a little early to give who is interested time to get set-up safely..

Any attempt to observe the sun can be dangerous, and should only be attempted by observers who have the proper equipment and are aware of the dangers

More info…

http://www.space.com/32476-mercury-transit-may-2016-rare-event.html

Thanks Ghost, will tell the guys to put in their diary. :) x

I didn’t think it was going to be this small :blink:

Live stream .....

Reactions: Nilz and Jake 61