The new Mini. It's just wrong.

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
It isn't a Mini, it's a hideous looking car that is too big to be called a Mini.

Why call something "mini" and then make it huge and ****ing hideous looking ***

I cannot remember being so repulsed by another car since the Nissan Cube.

I will try and get a picture of one on the M25 next to normal looking cars so you can see how hideous it really looks.

And if you want a car that size, don't buy a Mini, buy a ****ing Focus :)

mini.jpg

Reactions: jamieA3
I'm with you 100% on this. It's called the Mini Countryman, presumably because it's the size of a nation state.

The only thing to be said in its defence is that it's not as fugly as the Audi Q7, but then again ,what is?

Agree wholeheartedly, it's awful the way an iconic brand is being ruined in a continued attempt to leverage and exploit its popularity without any regard for the nostalgia let alone the fact the new car looks shyte and doesn't deserve the label ...

Martin

Lets get this right. When the original Mini was conceived, it was called a 'Mini' for the right reasons. But today, 'Mini' is a brand, and the boffs at BMW are milking every penny out of it! People are wiling to part with huge sums to own these things, which means they are doing it right, irrespective of what we think.

I'd personally never buy or own one, they are overpriced, and not very practical in general(can't comment on the countryman, I've never driven or been in one!). But they do have good residual value, and my sister has owned a Cooper and Cooper S which I've both driven, and they are actually pretty good to drive!

mini- a combining form with the meanings “of a small or reduced size in comparison with others of its kind”
Mini-1.jpg

I have to agree here, the mini has become hideous & the countryman is just a monstrosity, never been a mini fan but it did always get a head turn from me, but of late its just all gone wrong imho & I have sat in one & hated it.

Can't be as hideous and repulsive as the nissan juke! I feel sorry for all the old men i see driving them, they obviously think its cool and 'hip' lol. The so called mini i have to agree is an absolute shed

My ex bought one a month after we bought the house, i came back from a month away at work, for her to turn round and tell me that we were going to the mini dealer so she could order the new car, not a single bit of discussion or asking my oppinion on it either, she also got option box fever and ticked pretty much everyone, including the automatic gear box just shy of £30k. And then 3 months later we got delivered this white ugly monstrosity, which rode terribly and despite being the top spec cooper S all four was ****** slow!

Thank you for your support guys. I feel like the counselling is working and I am getting better. I no longer try to force them off the road, which my therapist says is a positive step.

I don't mind the standard BMW mini, whilst its big on the outside it's cramped enough on the inside to give the sense your in a small car. However I hate every other variant (countryman, coupe etc.) as the mini doesn't lend itself that well to other body shapes. Mini know the kind of people who buy them (the sort that have their interior mirror pointed at their face, not the road), will buy into the lifestyle aspect so they'll keeping churning out more ****.

That said, as someone else has posted, it's not quite as hideous as the Juke (or my other pet hate the Qashquai), which have both been designed by people who have zero concept of style or design. The Qashquai is monumentally dull whilst the Juke is clearly a statement car for people who like to think they're a bit edgey (when actually they're as dull as a Qashquai . They offend my eyes.

Saw something amusing the other day, but wasn't quick enough to whip my camera out to take a pic.

I was driving along a dual carriageway, and in front of me was a white '59' plate Mini Cooper, and following this was a classic mini with open air sunroof thing wide open. Anyways, the classic mini decided to pull out into the fast lane to overtake the new shape! I swear the older Mini was caning the crap out of it just to pull along side, and I could smell the unburnt petrol fumes coming out of it's exhaust!! lol The guy eventually got past, and it was at this point I realised how much a different in size it is between the two!

That said, as someone else has posted, it's not quite as hideous as the Juke (or my other pet hate the Qashquai), which have both been designed by people who have zero concept of style or design. The Qashquai is monumentally dull whilst the Juke is clearly a statement car for people who like to think they're a bit edgey (when actually they're as dull as a Qashquai . They offend my eyes.

I agree the Qashquai is dull, but other than the badges, I can barely distinguish it from the Audi Q5, an equally plain and featureless expanse of metal. What the hell has happened to Audi styling?!