1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new avant.

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by AR-rkon, Aug 21, 2013.

1. AR-rkon

AR-rkon AllROOOOOOOOOAD!!! Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep

[Aug 21, 2013]
    Hey guys, usually find me lurking in the b5 section but due some issues to with the A4 I've just got a 2.7t 2001 avant as a stopgap and I'm after some advice and help.

1. Any major things to look out for?

2. Odd whole car vibration at about 60, suspect wheel balance, warped disks or similar, but do these have issues with prop support bearings or anything? (noteworthy is it only happens in drive, not at elevated rpm static, so must be something driveline related)

3. Simple worthwhile mods to do?

4. Anyone know of one being broken? Need a few bits.

uploadfromtaptalk1377068828809.jpg
    B5 BIKER, mrnice and ScottD3 like this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter

[Aug 21, 2013]
    Nice motor mate.

Shame bout the B5 :(

Time to update your Sig?
  4. AR-rkon

AR-rkon AllROOOOOOOOOAD!!! Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep

[Aug 21, 2013]
    Perhaps, not sure what im doing yet, the A6 MAY be just a stopgap, or it MAY become perm.

Either way, going to tidy up the Avant so i can at least get my money back for it, if not make a little profit. Got some scrapes around it, it needs new latches on both front doors, and is missing the loadspace cover which i really need. The rest will just be full fluid service, new brakes, and a good valet and leather refresh :)
    ScottD3 likes this.