Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Tango Red S3 demonstrator at Chelmsford Audi today

Looks good !! - can't tell without seeing it in the flesh how Tango compares to the older red they look so similar in photos.

Those wheels suit the red car very well though - nice to see something different.

Reactions: Gordo77
Looks good !! - can't tell without seeing it in the flesh how Tango compares to the older red they look so similar in photos.

Those wheels suit the red car very well though - nice to see something different.
I have seen an sline saloon + Sport convertible in Tango Red at my local dealers Southend Audi. Seen in sun and rain. Metallic effect not striking but I quite like the colour, darker than solid red and quite a bit darker than misano.

Reactions: Rob2k68
As an exclusive?.....S3 only?...hope its not anything else as i wanted that colour on mine!
Ara Blue I posted exactly what was written at the bottom of the ad. colour was on an s-line, as part of model overview.
Can imagine how you must feel as I have burnt the midnight oil during the last week or two, trying to decide if I could accept Tango Red or Floret or possibly go exclusive and cut out a few options, when I plan to change my car later this year hopefully.

Last edited:
this is worth more than a like.....gave me a rare smile

lol ...indeed maybe he's going for the gender neutral look....so as not to offend anyone....although he has offended me...in fact I feel violated by that combo
Perhaps he is colour blind? Commentary made me laugh as it sounded as if words where being spoken backwards. Was it Finnish or Estonian I wonder.

I parked my wife's Missano A1 next to it (didn't think to take a pic) and the tango is much darker and close up tango looks a lot more 'metallic' particularly in the sun.

Ara Blue I posted exactly what was written at the bottom of the ad. colour was on an s-line, as part of model overview.
Can imagine how you must feel as I have burnt the midnight oil during the last week or two, trying to decide if I could accept Tango Red or Floret or possibly go exclusive and cut out a few options, when I plan to change my car later this year hopefully.
Yup! Available to order late 2016... Brilliant, I collect my Tango Red A3 tomorrow and would have loved an Ara Blue model instead.

Note the text at the top of the image guys.
Screenshot 20160831 220230

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And if it is true ... Why would Audi hold back Ara ... Released due to public demand ??

On another thread one member has indeed had confirmation of Ara .... S3. .... ...

Hmmm. My money is still on s3 only ...,here s hoping lol ..., Still ....maybe I can still convince myself floret is nicer !!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Gordo77
Just been checking the spec on my car (S3 hatch for Nov delivery) and it appears to have heated seats as standard- is this correct? Also can someone with a 3 door confirm that the rear seat splits 60:40 as standard.
Thanks

Heated front seats standard on S3.

60:40 split standard.
40:20:40 split optional.

Saw my first facelift A3 on the road today, how cool are the indicators?

The new rear diffuser looks well better, but I'm sorry you do need at least one pipe each side to balance it out!

Reactions: Scottyg, Gordo77, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Saw my first facelift A3 on the road today, how cool are the indicators?

The new rear diffuser looks well better, but I'm sorry you do need at least one pipe each side to balance it out!

Go on, admit it, you weren't really wanting to turn right at that junction... you just wanted to follow that FL A3 :p

Reactions: Rob2k68 and S32B
Go on, admit it, you weren't really wanting to turn right at that junction... you just wanted to follow that FL A3 :p
lol ;)

Not far from that video is a junction that is right on a bend, you can't see what's coming from the right and they come flying around it...so it's a bit of a boot it and get out quick junction! As you can see in the vid it's a very wet day here :( with the quattro you boot it and go...no wheel spin AT ALL :) Always makes me think about the gripping power in the wet, especially at bad junctions ;) You'll notice the difference when you get yours compared with the TT.

Reactions: Gordo77 and Rob2k68

Tango Red has the same tone as Honda's old Milano Red Rob a few shades darker than Misano Red mate....metallic...Pearlescent...it doesnt matter on this tone of Red

Reactions: hallm26 and Rob2k68
Tango Red has the same tone as Honda's old Milano Red Rob a few shades darker than Misano Red mate....metallic...Pearlescent...it doesnt matter on this tone of Red
I thought the Tango Red would look flat and have no speckle but I'm really impressed with mine, you have to be in pretty good sunlight but it sparkles beautifully for at least 5 days per British year.

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06 and S32B
I thought the Tango Red would look flat and have no speckle but I'm really impressed with mine, you have to be in pretty good sunlight but it sparkles beautifully for at least 5 days per British year.

Any pictures posted?

Reactions: Jassyo06
No twin exhausts on the S3?! They get black styling pack?! Short change somewhat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No twin exhausts on the S3?! They get black styling pack?! Short change somewhat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The view of the back is actually of an A3

There is a lot to like about the face lift but OMG all of the new 'tasty' extras really lift the cost of the car don't they.

Matrix lights near on £1k and if you want virtual cockpit you must have the full tech package so thats another £2k gulp !

I specced up a 3 door manual S3 out of interest and got to £40k with ease :flushed:

Audi really are either providing cars with bare bones spec or just providing so many $hi7 hot extras to tantalise us.

Its all well and good but seriously loading with extras could be a concern come trade in time.

Reactions: Jassyo06, SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Nice exhaust video... anyone on here...?

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
Guys, not sure if this has already been discussed but with anyone that has the fl and had the pre Fl, has the dreaded turbo rattle been sorted?!

Guys, not sure if this has already been discussed but with anyone that has the fl and had the pre Fl, has the dreaded turbo rattle been sorted?!
I'm going to regret this... Turbo rattle?

Hey guys. I got some good footage of the new S3 colors in direct sunlight. Ara Blue Metallic, Navarra Blue Pearl, Tango Red Metallic, Vegas Yellow.

Reactions: pburv, G--Man and Rob2k68
Saw this on Twitter... Exclusive Nogaro Blue... Anyone on here...?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Saw this on Twitter... Exclusive Nogaro Blue... Anyone on here...?

Sounds to me like the guy on this forum who managed to have Audi to agree to paint his FL S3 in Sepang Blue because he had ordered a PFL and it was cancelled or something. So probably something similar.

I'm going to regret this... Turbo rattle?

Yeah a lot of people have been complaining about the since the launch of the 8V S3. You will know if you have it. Audi refused to do anything about it as it was a 'characteristic' of the car.

Was hoping they might have done something in the facelift to prevent it.

Reactions: S3_RYAN and Rob2k68
I'm liking the Ara. If my backs up to the detailing of it in 18 months then it may be specced on the next A3.