Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

7 speed DSG - win
Improved dampers - win
Improved Haldex - win
Improved MMI and Carplay (and en effin USB supplied) - win
Matrix headlights - win, when they get here.

Improved dampers? What's the story there; just certain markets or what?

That 7 Speed S-Tronic gearbox you speak of is only offered on Front wheel Drive A3 with it's new yet still underpowered 2.0T putting out a measly 186hp.

Look at the order guide I posted.

They kept the same 2.0T engine model I have 220hp with the same gear box just as the S3. No HP increase for either cars.

- I am sure my to be ordered A3 1.4 COD also has 7 speed - configurator says it has anyway!

err...so on the topic of colours...any Tango for cash lovers

audi-a3-2017-by-jil-mcintosh-1.jpg
2017 audi a3 facelift 827x510 51464090767

Reactions: Jassyo06
I ended up going for Cosmos blue... A risk considering I haven't seen it in person :stung:

Didn't see it there as it was a white square on a white background :wink new:

I ended up going for Cosmos blue... A risk considering I haven't seen it in person :sorry:

Life is about risk!?...be interested to see it.....it will be a nice colour...what's not to like ...blue and metallic....I'm still waiting to be able to order mine....but I'm going safe !

Life is about risk!?...be interested to see it.....it will be a nice colour...what's not to like ...blue and metallic....I'm still waiting to be able to order mine....but I'm going safe !

Whats stopping you from ordering at this time?

Lease company's database still isn't showing the FL! Was told on Monday it would be this week...it is still 'this week' but doesn't look hopeful...the longer it goes on the more appealing other colours look.

- I am sure my to be ordered A3 1.4 COD also has 7 speed - configurator says it has anyway!
No doubt it probably does. If you looked at the Order guide I posted, we only get 2 versions of the A3, not counting the Etron, or the banned diesel.

180 HP A3
- FWD - S-Tronic Ultra (7-speed)
220 HP A3 - is what I have
- quattro - S-Tronic (6-speed)
292 HP S3
- quattro - S-Tronic (6-speed)

400 HP RS3 sedan - dreaming
- quattro - S-Tronic Ultra (7-speed)

So does the change from the 1.8L to the 2.0 for the base A3 mean the car will now have the same 14.5 gallon gasoline tank as the rest?

Last edited:
i am indeed.....I would have liked to be more daring this time....but no

Floret silver looks great and was under my own consideration, so good choice.

I was ging to go Daytona when I placed my initial PFL order but with all the delays and hassle I decided I wanted something different.

I've done some digging and it appears the etron in this video is in Cosmos Blue.

Here is an official finance quotation on the below specification...

8b9fcd3995430d34b87e1fc4e77557c8.jpg

5,000 miles per annum (mileage isn't an issue as long as you don't hand the keys back and walk away)
£3000 customer deposit
£1000 deposit contribution
48 months

1.4 litre TFSI 150PS Manual [Cylinder on Demand]
Sportback S line model, 5-doors
Daytona grey, pearl effect paint
18” 7.5J ‘5-parallel-spoke’ design alloy wheels, diamond cut
Sports suspension; 15mm lowered
Matt brushed aluminium door and dashboard trims
Matrix LED exterior lighting pack: Inc. high beam assist, headlight washers and auto dimming rear view mirror
Privacy glass
Folding door mirrors
Extended interior upholstery pack
Technology pack advanced: Inc. virtual cockpit, MMI navigation plus with MMI touch, Audi connect and Audi phone box with wireless charging
Comfort and Sound pack: Inc. Rear parking sensors, Bang & Olufsen sound system and heated front seats
Audi parking system plus (£300 when added in conjunction with Comfort and Sound pack)

Audi RRP: £30,135.00 GBP
ROTR: £30,820.00 GBP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I though the APR was now 4.8%, that's what I get on a A4. Nope you're right, just checked on the finance calculator..

I though the APR was now 4.8%, that's what I get on a A4..

Not sure mate, that quote is a day old and from a dealer in the Midlands... All the info on it is legit for this Quarter on the A3

£36 per month cheaper than mine for a similar spec with but with only £500 less desposit. Hhmmm

Reactions: CrypticMG
feels like years ago ...but when we caught wind of CosMIC..my quest began....numerous posts and pics later...Cosmos was born ....numerous posts and pic later and we arrive at today lol.....i really wanted Cosmos to be a wow blue....which influenced my decision to cancel the PFL (among other criteria)...I posted a video some time ago and Cosmos looked interesting ..as more vids and pics were released it became a very dark blue...nothing wrong in that if blues your colour........when the Ara blue video was released showing the A3 saloon s-line my hopes were raised but yes i was only dreaming....

Reactions: Rob2k68
Here is an official finance quotation on the below specification...

8b9fcd3995430d34b87e1fc4e77557c8.jpg

5,000 miles per annum (mileage isn't an issue as long as you don't hand the keys back and walk away)
£3000 customer deposit
£1000 deposit contribution
48 months

1.4 litre TFSI 150PS Manual [Cylinder on Demand]
Sportback S line model, 5-doors
Daytona grey, pearl effect paint
18” 7.5J ‘5-parallel-spoke’ design alloy wheels, diamond cut
Sports suspension; 15mm lowered
Matt brushed aluminium door and dashboard trims
Matrix LED exterior lighting pack: Inc. high beam assist, headlight washers and auto dimming rear view mirror
Privacy glass
Folding door mirrors
Extended interior upholstery pack
Technology pack advanced: Inc. virtual cockpit, MMI navigation plus with MMI touch, Audi connect and Audi phone box with wireless charging
Comfort and Sound pack: Inc. Rear parking sensors, Bang & Olufsen sound system and heated front seats
Audi parking system plus (£300 when added in conjunction with Comfort and Sound pack)

Audi RRP: £30,135.00 GBP
ROTR: £30,820.00 GBP

Mate, for another £800 Orangewheels could get you a 2.0TDI A6 Black Edition with metallic paint.

Failing that, throw a few quid at it and you can have any damn colour you like...
More than just a few quid unfortunately, if it was just about the colour I might just choose another car. Oh, maybe I am...

A touch off topic but out of curiosity I have just specced an S-Line A4 with all the same kit as what I would order on the A3... And the payments over four years come out to be £14 a month more......!

Higher discount on offer from Drive the Deal, stronger residual value (GMFV), a £2500 deposit contribution and an interest rate of 4.80% all playing a factor....

Hmm now what do I do, also with no potential delay to production as a result of speccing Matrix and VC..

Last edited: