The mods have started

jaipal2004

Reaction score
So..... Inspired by some of the nice ones on here, thought I'd make a start with my 2.0TDi SE!

Swapped the old:

02ea9ae5cd7cb2ecc1a3f3fff1e9e9be.jpg

For these:

5797b7ca3acaca07e4c5503373e7af56.jpg

17" ones gone, in with the 18". Not sure though on how they look! Thinking lowering might be next on the list.... Or changing the chrome on the a alloys for dark grey?

Suggestions welcome!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Chop. and RS5 JON
I really like the wheels! What are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the style of the wheels, but it definitely needs lowering.

For me, I'd go lowering first then window tints. Maybe get the sline front / rear bumpers but tbh it will cost a few quid and not really be that noticeable.

I really like the wheels! What are they?

Haven't a scooby - sorry!! Have seen a few similar on here so maybe another member may know?

I like the style of the wheels, but it definitely needs lowering.

For me, I'd go lowering first then window tints. Maybe get the sline front / rear bumpers but tbh it will cost a few quid and not really be that noticeable.

I am going to order the springs today - not sure if it's easily do'able as a DIY job or I should get it done at a garage.

I didn't realise the s-line bumpers were different? I was just going to get the RS grill and fog vents and the side skirts and diffuser?

thanks for comments guys :)

I like them.. I just got a b8 se myself and came across some 19" rs4 wheels.. Dono how they will sit..

Just ordered the springs... Eibach Sport line for £145 - should give it a nice drop.

Still not sold on the alloys.... Maybe the chrome should be sprayed dark grey?

Cheers

I like them.. I just got a b8 se myself and came across some 19" rs4 wheels.. Dono how they will sit..
I was going to get the some 19" rs4 alloys, not sure if you were going to get the same ones but I wasn't sure how they would sit by the arches, I would rather buy wider alloys(or the right offset) to sit flush with the arches rather than buying spacers

I was going to get the some 19" rs4 alloys, not sure if you were going to get the same ones but I wasn't sure how they would sit by the arches, I would rather buy wider alloys(or the right offset) to sit flush with the arches rather than buying spacers
These are J9 at back and J8 at front .....looks a bit more aggressive

Just ordered the springs... Eibach Sport line for £145 - should give it a nice drop.

Still not sold on the alloys.... Maybe the chrome should be sprayed dark grey?

Cheers

The alloys look fine imo, but it's all down to personal preferance, I think once yove got it lowered and windows tinted it will look spot on

Reactions: feva
These are J9 at back and J8 at front .....looks a bit more aggressive

You got any photos ? What et are they and how do you think they will sit under the arches ?

I hear there are lots of RS4 replicas around that can crack easily so beware.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Of the alloys that you are thinking of getting

So..... Inspired by some of the nice ones on here, thought I'd make a start with my 2.0TDi SE!

Swapped the old:

02ea9ae5cd7cb2ecc1a3f3fff1e9e9be.jpg

For these:

5797b7ca3acaca07e4c5503373e7af56.jpg

17" ones gone, in with the 18". Not sure though on how they look! Thinking lowering might be next on the list.... Or changing the chrome on the a alloys for dark grey?

Suggestions welcome!

The mods list can be endless for an A4 SE, and I'm speaking from experience. Like the wheels, but yes, it could be a bit lower on 18's. Just be careful which springs you lower on though, to low and the car will feel crashy, think the dampers on an SE are a bit softer than on S-Line, just my opinion mate.

Here's a pic of my SE once I was done, any excuse to post a pic. :yes:

JG

That's what I had fitted, it was a bit crashy for me, but I had it on 19's and spacers front & rear. Hopefully yours will be ok with it being on 18's and the fact that it is an Avant, have a look at Desertstorm's build thread, think he changed dampers as well as springs.

It's all down to personal choice though, alot of folks on here have the sportline's fitted and love them.

JG

Tempted to get the roof done in vinyl to tie it all up together ....... not sure what it'd look like on a red car, especially one with a larger roof space like the Avant.

Something similar to this - especially once the windows are tinted.....

http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/...13/08/Audi-A1-Gloss-Black-Vinyl-Roof-Wrap.jpg

I also don't know if I should go with matt or gloss black highlights ... logos, skirts, grills etc. The wheels are obvious gloss but would matt look a bit more sexier? :)

Yeh, I'm not sure how the roof would look on such a big car, again, it's your car, so you can do what you like to it, your driving it after all.

All I can say re the matt/gloss dilemma is IMO, gloss looks good against red.

Oh, I can see the £'s falling from your wallet already, lol. This Forum will do that to you. :concern:

JG

Yeh, I'm not sure how the roof would look on such a big car, again, it's your car, so you can do what you like to it, your driving it after all.

All I can say re the matt/gloss dilemma is IMO, gloss looks good against red.

Oh, I can see the £'s falling from your wallet already, lol. This Forum will do that to you. :concern:

JG
I can wrap myself so not such a big leap of faith..... Wrap is dirty cheap! You're right... Gloss would look good but i can see the stubby aerial being a pain!!

I'm used to the £'s dropping. Used to be Jap cars many years ago, now feel a bit more grown up :)

I don't drink or smoke and a man needs a vice !!

Thanks for your suggestions.... Keep them coming!

Reactions: RS5 JON
If you can wrap it yourself, what have you got to lose, you can always take it off if you don't like it, maybe even leave the aerial red, then wrap it seperate if it doesn't work?

Oh yes, we all need a vice. :yes:

Suggestions, keep them coming............................. Where do you want me to start?

S-Line Interior
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Interior & number plate LEDS,
R8 oil & coolant caps.
Dynamic front splitter
Dynamic rear Defusser.
VCDS mods, inc Needle Sweep, this is a must have mod.
Wheel Spacers front & rear.
Wrap front lower bar of bumper, the bit in the middle, gloss black?

and there's more, but this should give you some to consider, hope they help.

JG

Reactions: V6 Quatt and Chop.
oops, forgot

RS4 Honeycombe Front Grille

Honeycombe fog grilles, yes these can be purchased from ebay for an A4 b8 SE, not S-Line though, Pics if needed.

Remap.

JG

Cheers for the quick list mate :)

S-Line Interior - already on the case but not so urgent (I have a Q7 as the family tank which is S-Line so can always slip into that :) )

Interior & number plate LEDS - on my watchlist on eBay already!

Dynamic front splitter - any pics?

Dynamic rear Defusser - again, any pics?

VCDS mods, inc Needle Sweep, this is a must have mod. - have done the obvious ones aside from enabling ADS

Wheel Spacers front & rear - my rears are 9J anyway so won't need spacers on those. Not sure how the fronts will look but will reassess once dropped.

Wrap front lower bar of bumper, the bit in the middle, gloss black? - good plan :) Will ensure I have enough vinyl to do that!

Reactions: RS5 JON and Chop.
I've got Eibach sportlines fitted to my B8 and find them very good and didn't lose much comfort either.

Reactions: jaipal2004
Cheers for the quick list mate :)

S-Line Interior - already on the case but not so urgent (I have a Q7 as the family tank which is S-Line so can always slip into that :) )

Interior & number plate LEDS - on my watchlist on eBay already!

Dynamic front splitter - any pics?

Dynamic rear Defusser - again, any pics?

VCDS mods, inc Needle Sweep, this is a must have mod. - have done the obvious ones aside from enabling ADS

Wheel Spacers front & rear - my rears are 9J anyway so won't need spacers on those. Not sure how the fronts will look but will reassess once dropped.

Wrap front lower bar of bumper, the bit in the middle, gloss black? - good plan :) Will ensure I have enough vinyl to do that!

Sounds like you've been busy already, and the wallet has taken a bashing, but heyho, money's for spending.

I'll dig you out a couple of pics of Dynamic splitter & Defusser.

Suggest you contact trups, EM Tuning, site sponsor on here re LEDS, ebay may be cheaper, but his are tested and proven by our members, also does reverse LEDS.

JG

Cheers JG.. Look forward to it !

Just dug these out of the archives..........................

Front splitter

Fog grille

Defusser

The defusser pic is of an aftermarket one which has twin dual exit, I couldn't find a pic of the original one I had on before going twin dual exits, genuine Dynamic one only has twin exit one the passanger side, google it to find genuine pics.

JG

oops, forgot

RS4 Honeycombe Front Grille

Honeycombe fog grilles, yes these can be purchased from ebay for an A4 b8 SE, not S-Line though, Pics if needed.

Remap.

JG

What do you mean by not the Sline ? Can you not get honeycombe fog grills for the Sline ?

What do you mean by not the Sline ? Can you not get honeycombe fog grills for the Sline ?

No, many b8 S-Line owners on here have tried sourcing them to no avail, some have cut out the inner part of the fog grille and replaced it with honeycombe, with good results, but a PITA to do.

JG

How much did you manage to get the rear diffuser for @JG51 AUD ?

God now your asking, genuine single dual exit was bought from a guy on ebay, new, I think it was around £120.

After market job, which needed a bit of trimming etc, was again from ebay, around £90.

Both may still be on ebay if you do a search.

Dynamic kit/parts do not fit S-Line's.

JG

Thanks, they never make it easy ! Will have to do a scout, I bought some wind deflectors and they arrived today, only just noticing that they are for a saloon not the avant :sob:

Thanks, they never make it easy ! Will have to do a scout, I bought some wind deflectors and they arrived today, only just noticing that they are for a saloon not the avant :sob:

That's a bummer, send them back and see if they'll do a swap for Avant ones.
JG

Is there a way to remove the roof runners from the outside without needing with headlining? Don't fancy them getting in the way of my roof wrap

Is there a way to remove the roof runners from the outside without needing with headlining? Don't fancy them getting in the way of my roof wrap

Sorry mate, no idea, haven't had much experience of Avant's, but you could post the question in this section, quite sure you'll get an answer from someone who has done it.

JG

Roof bars can only be taken off by unbolting them from the inside and the headline needs dropped.

Pulled the plug on some roof vinyl in high gloss black - should be here tomorrow so if it's a dry day may have an attempt :)

FYI - if you've not seen my other thread, turns out the roof rails are not attached to the roof panel but to the sides so the only thing I need to cater for is the aerial :)

Will do ..... should be here tomorrow (Amazon Prime has it's uses :) )

Hopefully I won't be last on route like I am usually and it's a dry day! A quick wash and clay bar and can put it on. Been a while since I did any wrapping so may need a YouTube refresher!

I am also going to do my middle part of the front bumper and hopefully the little rear spoiler so it gives a single black finish from roofline to bottom of rear windscreen.

Does anybody know how easy it is to remove the small factory fit rear spoiler?

If the vinyl looks good, will be happy to do for others if you're local! Might also tint my own windows too - it's the same principle.

ta