1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Killers live

A3quattro Feb 28, 2009

1. A3quattro

A3quattro New Member

I was wondering if anyone went to see the killers at the Nec on thurs or fri? I went on thurs and it was awesome. I saw them at v in 2007 and loved it. I thought the atmosphere on thurs was electric, they just blasted tune after tune and i'm still buzzing!! Real good value for money!!
    Tried to get tickets for some of their other gigs, but no joy!

2. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

tried to get tickets a few years ago when they were playing in Glasgow but snapped up quick & were crazy on ebay. Think their newer album is far more melow than previous two but I'm sure they would still be brilliant in concert.

Just enjoyed Keane last month & Snow Patrol last week in concert!

3. karl7900

karl7900 Active Member

I seen the Killers in Belfast last Saturday night and they were brilliant. Put on a really good show and good sound too.

Going to see Snow Patrol soon too :yahoo:

4. A3quattro

A3quattro New Member

Yeah i think you're right about their latest album, which is one thing why i think they are great. They can turn their hand to a varied style of music and still produce quality songs.
    Would love to see snow patrol, i think they are in birmingham soon, but not got any tickets :sadlike:

5. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

Going to see them on Thursday - who supported and what were they like. It's Louis XIV at the AECC apparently.

6. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

Me and the missus was there on Thursdat at the NEC and we loved it, they are amazing, we also managed to get tickets to see them at the MEN next Monday so we are sooooooo looking forward to it!

Simply awesome band!

7. RobinA3

8. buckas

buckas Member

saw them at the CIA, awesome!

not as good as muse was, but still great - liked Louis XIV myself

9. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

least there was a proper support. When I went to Keane they had a problem with theirs, ended up with a couple of guys they got from a Glasgow pub LOL

10. A3quattro

A3quattro New Member

Yeah the support was louis XIV. They were ok to be honest, but so want to see the killers again. They are going to be at "v" apparently this year. Hmmmm get that phone on re-dial i think for the usual nightmare of trying to get tickets!

11. RobinA3

when we went to see the stereophonics a couple of months ago they had the enemies (sp) as the support act, it was like seeing 2 wicked bands for the same price!

12. buckas

buckas Member

"the enemy" - they were alright, saw them with phonics nov07 @ cia

anyone notice the drummer of the killers looked like earl from my name is earl? lol

drew

13. A3quattro

A3quattro New Member

Lol buckas about the killers drummer!!! Seeing oasis at wembly in the summer. They are supported by the enemy and kasabian. should be wicked

14. RobinA3

went to see them again at the MEN, was on the top tier so it was bloody scary but like usual they were again sensational, not as good as the NEC as the MEN is much bigger so the noise isn't as great but the killers are simply legends!

15. A13

A13 Member

The Killers are awesome live.
    i'm a massive fan, can't wait for the next album/tour