1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Heat is on?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AUDIDOO, Oct 10, 2003.

1. AUDIDOO

AUDIDOO New Member

[Oct 10, 2003]
    New Boy with 1st question.

I have a lovely 98 1.8T mint condition for the last 3 months, and I love the car! Winter on the way can anybody tell me if this model has Heated Front Windscreen as Standard? If not how does the dismisster work on the front windscreen?

By the way fantastic site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

[Oct 10, 2003]
    Ooo - where in Cymru are you?

As far as I'm aware there's no heated windscreen.

I think your baby is pre-facelift, with the old-style climate control? If it is, then unfortunately I can't help - I've got the facelift dash where there is a "blow as much air as possible at the windscreen" button /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's the only demisting option there is, as far as I know.
  4. AUDIDOO

AUDIDOO New Member

[Oct 10, 2003]
    Thanx 4 that - Din't think there was..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cymru, yes well from the Island of our mothers up north!
    Loads of empty/bendy roads aroud to thrash the little Ming rocket around!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
  5. marksyms

marksyms Member

[Oct 10, 2003]
    If it has the climate control then the demister is very effective if it's non-climate control then I don't know as mine has the climate control /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  6. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Oct 13, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    MarkS said:
    If it has the climate control then the demister is very effective if it's non-climate control then I don't know as mine has the climate control /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. The winscreen heat button is extremely effective on the climate control and AC, however it does lack a bit on standard heater controls.