1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The haunted new car...

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by A4NA18, Mar 18, 2009.

1. A4NA18

A4NA18 Member

Hi Audi fanatics!

I got myself an A4 2.0TDI SE with parking sensor, bose, and bluetooth + hard wired phone kit (I have no idea why it has two of them...) at 89K miles yesterday and already two fuses have blown: the interior light one (which also controls the parking sensor), and the reverse light fuse ! Can this happen in such a short period of time?!

I also have 3 short beeps repeated three times when starting the engine: What does it mean??

Also I have done a full refill with some Total Excellium Diesel and when I switched on the engine, the Emission Control System light came up !

I am pretty lost and to be honest freaked out because I only got it yesterday and it has already so many faults...

Also it came with NO owner manual so I would be super glad if somebody could provide me with a pdf or even a copy... THANKS!

Is it normal? What does everything mean?!

Thanks for your help!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. gjwell

gjwell Member

Hmm not having much luck :( I take it was a private sale? Otherwise take it back to the dealer to get sorted. Are the parking sensors after market? if so they are wired into the reverse light circuit. e.g as the reverse light comes on then the parking sensor is activated. I would suspect this is the cause for the problem, try and follow the wiring loom from the back light clusters maybe there is some bad wiring or a faulty/damaged reverse parking module.

AFAIK the three beeps is an error from the Bose amp. There should be a mic fitted in the interior light that the amp uses to adjust the stereo volume according to cabin noise. If this is disconnected then you will get the error beeps. If a car kit has been fitted and they have reused the Bose mic then this could be your problem. I’m sure someone here can confirm/rubbish my theory?
    :blahblah1:

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

The three beep thing may also be the battery in the alarm siren getting low.