1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE GREAT STEERING ECU HUNT !!!

mike foster Aug 25, 2010

1. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Hi guys - I have spent ages and ages trawling through all the threads that I could find to do with the required ECU for cruise control AND mfsw. I have successfully (sort of ) retro-fitted CC and now wish to try a mfsw just because I want the radio controls to hand basically. I have bluetooth fitted but it's only a Nokia one and whilst it mutes the radio on a call I doubt if the mfsw will control it. My car is 2006MY ( July 2005 build ) 2.00 TDi Sport and the steering ECU installed is 1K0 953 549 AF which works with cc albeit in a slightly different way from that which the switch seems to be designed for !

Anyway my point is this - I cannot believe that out of the dozens of different steering ECU's fitted on A3's the only one that will work for both systems is 8P0 953 549 F ( or 1K0 953 549 F ). There are various ones on ebay and even more on ebay.de but none of them are version 'F'.

Could I ask those of you with mfsw and cc who have access to VCDS to check which version they have installed so that I can see the alternatives, if any !! Of course, if anyone already knows of a different version that works with both please tell me.

I could go to Audi and get the 'F' version but surely there must be a version available somewhere that works and isn't £150 ish !

Thanks in advance guys - I look forward to any replies

Cheers :beerchug:

2. aristides

aristides Member

Mate afaik 8P0 953 549 is your only choise to have both!

In my 2008 Sportback i had an ECU 1k0 953 549 AH and it only supported Cruise. So after my search i realised that there is no alternative.

As for the price, i bought the ECU + cruise control stalk from ebay for 100 euros, not bad huh?
    So keep searching and you will defo get a bargain at some time!

3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Thanks Aristides - I'll keep looking !!