1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GoPro Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & The Digital Darkroom' started by Cruiser89, May 28, 2013.

1. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

Right... So with my newly acquired GoPro 3 Black Edition I thought it would be prudent to set up a little thread to see who else has got themselves a GP, what accessories you have got and any videos you find or create!!

I'm just starting to build up my collection but so far have got myself a PanaVision Suction Mount for my car along with the GP Tripod Mount!

[​IMG]

--

[​IMG]

--

I have just ordered a Pelican 1200 Hard Case to keep all the kit in along with some protectors for the lenses.

Next purchase is a decent external Microphone with adaptor.

Got lots of exciting plans that include an A3, TT and an Aston Martin :D Oh and a dog :p
  2. MBK

MBK Active Member

Nice Black Edition, the video quality is superb. Sounds like you've got some interesting footage lined up.

My Silver edition is currently winging it's way back to Go Pro for repair as the audio recording was intermittent and has now stopped all together.

A friend uses a Black Edition for his mountain biking exploits and I know he had a few problems with cheaper microSD cards, they were stopping recording with vibration and also failing to finalise the files so the video was corrupt and unusable. This was resolved with good quality 32gb and 64gb cards.
  3. Tommy J

Tommy J New Member

I really want a hero 3, I have got a hero 2 and had good results but there are so many more settings to play with on a 3. I'm currently looking for a good mic as well to use in high wind but haven't found much. Here's a time lapse I made a while ago.

Time lapse. - YouTube
  4. Cruiser89

Ok so here is a bit of an update!!

Here's a few select videos that I have done with it recently:

AITP

Audi TT Exhaust

A3 Drive Round Sandbanks, Poole

Puppy Racing

Will pop another post to continue due to the forum limit of videos per post...
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Ghost likes this.
  5. Cruiser89

TimeLapse

SUP

Oh and don't try this.... I thought this would be really cool to do. Apologies for the clarity the water at Lulworth Cove is very cloudy due to the limestone.

This is my small collection of stuff so far:

[​IMG]

Make sure you get a decent suction mount for the car. I highly recommend the one below:
    Suction Cup Mount for GoPro | GoPro Camera Mounts | DogCam Sport

If you want some decent engine / car noise i recommend you get the Audio Technica Pro-24CM with a Windtech MM-1 Wind ****. You'll also need the skeleton case along with a mini usb to audio cable for the GP. Here's how it looked on my friend's TT

[​IMG]

:D
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    TwedA4 and Ghost like this.
  6. Greeny233

Greeny233 Active Member

Hi All.

I have a Gopro 3 Silver and a 3+ Black Edition but my laptop is pants and I can't play back the HD movies or edit them so I have to record in VGA, which makes it pointless having the HD cameras. Just wondering what laptop/computer people are using?

Thanks
    Chris