1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The easiest way to remove rear speakers and sub?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RQ, May 24, 2011.

1. RQ

RQ New Member

[May 24, 2011]
    Hello,

I have installed to my 8P new front speakers and sub + amplifier. Now I think that the factory sub and factory rear speakers are uselessnes, so I want to remove those from my car audio. Which wires must be removed if I want to shut down those speakers? I think that (cutting wires) is the easiest way to remove them, isn't it? Then I can set from my CD-player fader as "0" and there only plays front speakers and subwoofer.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. sparki

sparki I <3 bass

[May 24, 2011]
    I left the rear speakers in and just disconnected the original sub just fade to the front a bit if your fronts are a better speaker. as for the wiring situation im not sure my friend installed i just watched lol
  4. RQ

RQ New Member

[May 24, 2011]
    If I fade from CD-player to the front, I don't hear my subwoofer (Amboss 12")... That's why I think it's best to disconnect wire.
  5. sparki

sparki I <3 bass

[May 24, 2011]
    Really? I have mine faded to the front slightly probably about 3 clicks and my sub still takes my head off Hertz hi engery 10" running from an audison srx2s connected via the rear speakers