The Cruise Control Game: How much bottle do you have?

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
The Cruise Control Game: How much bottle do you have?

Yeees you may have guessed (maybe not) but this is something my mate was telling me about what they do on the clio forum but would you guys and girls ever be mad enough to give it a go?

The aim of the "game" is to put ur cruise control on a speed and go to a clear road and stay at that speed dont accelerate but just keep it there with no braking (unless theres an emergency) B roads are obviously the key here and see how well the car handles.

To me it sounds complete bonkers but they have been talking about it over there and some people have even recorded themselves doing it!

would u?

* I do not wish to be held responsible for anyone doing anything stupid. Im not God and i did not instruct you*

Its something I do every time I got bristol.
60-70mph and only ever break when there is something in front of me that I can't over take.

Ok, its the A38 and the M5 but there one section on the A38, just before exeter that this works really well on (weather depending) but since I know I can do the hole 130odd miles from my house to bristol with you breaking, its not much of a game any more.

Would never try it on a B road or a less straight road, it seems kind of daft.
Then again the A38 from saltash to Route 38 is a good road to do it.
50mpg all the way with some tight bends and a bit unerving when you feel the car change gear just about you round a bend.

I must add that all this depends on weather and road conditions. its never breaking the speed limit or indangering my self or any one else.

I sometimes do this by accident, just cruising along at a set speed and come up to a chicane of parked cars or roadworks or something where usually I'd lift my foot off the accelerator a bit. After a bit of thrashing left & right around the obstacles, it's always afterwards where I think to myself "I should have really switched the cruise control off for that!" I'm still getting used to the novelty of having it :whistle2:

No, I would not do this, nor recommend it.

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

i never knew clios had cruise control

Hmmm I often play that game lol. But not with silly speeds.

The better less dangerous game is to see how far you can go with a set speed, iv managed jct 27 to the top of the m5 with CC set to 70mph. Didn't speed up or brake once :D

A better game is to drive the car just using the cruise stalk (not braking obviously!) You can obviously accelerate with the stalk, then as you change up you need to re engage cruise and accelerate again. With some good planning and acceleration sense its surprising how far you can go like this.

I always thought cruise control was to make a journey easier, not more stressful or play games with it! Just set it and relaaaaax!

It is but after 8 hours of driving with cruise set you tend to get a bit bored.

James, Its even better in a Auto. Going from 20mph all the way up to 70. :)

I have CC, but dont think I have ever used it.....I dont even think I know how to.....LOL!!

I have CC, but dont think I have ever used it.....I dont even think I know how to.....LOL!!

Say waaaaa?

I don't think I could own a machine and not try to find out what every single button does, I assumed this was the way of all men! Obviously not

One entered a tight roundabout at 50 with the cruise on in my old R32. Won't be doing that again, opened my eyes to the wonders of feather like throttle control and how to shift weight to balance a car through a corner.