1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cheque Is In The Post

StephenBogan Jun 22, 2004

1. StephenBogan

StephenBogan Member

Well, its time for more mods me thinks! Popped the cheque in the post yesterday for me Brembos, Nuespeed adjustable anti-roll bars (from & rear) and a Samco turbo intake pipe.

Can't wait!

Gee's got some week this week, getting a replacement wheel tomorrow (one has coating coming off), service at Audi on Thurday and with a bit of luck up to Star shortly after to have all the goodie fitted!

2. leondehaas

leondehaas Member

Have fun then this week!!
    BTW couldn't find any info about these AR-bars sofar. Do you have some more info about this?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

3. StephenBogan

StephenBogan Member

Yes, Glen (ess_three) has done a good review on the Nuespeed anti-roll bars. Do a search of roll bar.

Basically it'll cut down the amount of under steer the car has along with body roll.

4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

5. StephenBogan

StephenBogan Member

Correct! from Star, £750 inc VAT.

6. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

[ QUOTE ]
    ScotSTHREE said:
    Correct! from Star, £750 inc VAT.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Fitted?

7. leondehaas

leondehaas Member

Scott,

Basically you use the AR-bars to prevent understeer. But with somewhat surplus of BHP it is easy to envoke oversteer when needed. Is it in that case still a good thing to do?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

8. chuckys3

chuckys3 Member

Scott,

you say you got them from Star. Sorry mate i don't know that place. you have a web address.
    I'm after brembo's and the cheapest i found it for is £750 from amd but thats plus VAT.

so are your brembo's the GT versions.

9. StephenBogan

StephenBogan Member

Yes. GT's. Star tel no: 01592770377 or visit starperformance.co.uk - IF YOU ARE READING THIS JIM, JUST PUT THE COMMISION IN THE ASHTRAY WHEN THE CAR IS IN!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Leon, I don't have a clue matey. All I know is that if I'm going round a corner and I try to get the back out the front pushes forward, which ain't good. I'd love to say mine had 350hp but unfortunately it doesn't so I cant say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. leondehaas

leondehaas Member

Scott,
    Oversteer could be caused by suspension setting isn't it? Or try some different tyres, I had several; Potenza S02, Dunlop SP9000, P-Zero Nero, Advan A046. currently the Advan A048, which is really improving cornering compared to the others.

Chucky
    Yep original was swapped for IHI ball-bearing turbo w. some other mods.
    Brakes are currently Tarox Sport japan discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads with standard calipers.
    Still saving up for Tarox 10-pot caliper brake kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif