The Blackvue DR550GW - Front & Rear Camera installs

Anthony566

Reaction score
I have posted in the camera section but wanted some feedback from A4 owners that have either installed this system or had it installed for them .

If you had it installed then can you say who and were this was done ??

Thanks in advance.

Since posting this I have done a lot more digging around and have found the following :-

The front camera is 1080p @ 30 fps
The rear is 720p @ 30 fps

There seems to be some questions over the bit rate of the recordings and the sharpness of playback, also there is a now known issue with interference with DAB radio as the rear camera av cable is not shielded.

I am hoping that Blackvue change the AV cable two one that resolves the interference issue and releases a firmwear update to deal with the bit rate question.

Having looked around a lot this week this system seems to be very well designed and on paper has very impressive specs but just needs some fine tuning.

Last edited:
Im also interedted in this especially night or dark recordings (rear) as they dont have any night ir's

I've installed the HD version in my Q7, took 30 mins to do and all plumbed in with the Power Pro adapter. Quality is excellent and it fits nicely behind the rear mirrror

I use the INAVI FXD900.

Post 32254 13804855222949

Post 32254 13804855223005

There have been a few updates on this, there is a new cable for this unit that should fix the interference problem and a firmware update

New Coaxial cable for Blackvue DR550GW-2CH

New Coaxial cable for Blackvue DR550GW-2CH | Blackvue UK News & Blog

New firmware 1.021E released for DR550W-2CH

Fixed summertime error

- Reduce microphone noise

- Image tuning

- System stabilizing

so if the new cable does resolve the interference problem then I will get one of these units installed.