Votes: 2 6.5%
  • This poll is pointless

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • This poll is a good idea

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
alpine, you've obviously listened to peoples thoughts about asn and as people tend to pick up on the bad points more than the good points its probably mostly been negative thoughts?

so you thought to put together the poll to highlight the 'worst' areas and as by majority vote maybe the admin could concentrate on fixing 'x' first, none of the problems above will be nothing new to the admin but they are probably trying to tackle all of them at once, a problem shared a problem halved etc etc

as someone said above people tend to stay in their model specific areas and dont venture into general chats etc so rather than voicing their views they just tolerate the niggles, and i think this was meant for those people to express themselves, but its obviously gone horribly wrong :(

spot on... cant say i didnt try.

Last edited:
Boy's and Girl's of ASN. Please remember that this ASN forum/club is FREE and the STAFF of ASN put a lot of time and effort into making and putting this together for us the MEMBER'S
ASN as a CLUB is growing everyday and last year's ASN CLUB meet's and show attendance was high (best club stand AINP) along with other awards in 2009.

So with all this bickering an bulls..t is a waste of time and is missing the point of this FREE forum IT'S ABOUT THE CAR'S.. FREE forum and great club meet's and event's.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TO ALL THE STAFF AND MEMBER'S THAT ATTEND THE MEET'S AND SHOW'S..SEE YOU ALL SOON.

I voted 'this poll is pointless' as only subscription paying members of AS.net really have a right to complain! :):):):):):)

Alpine, this thread makes you look like an attention seeking muppet, who cares what people say on MSN or in private say? This isnt real life its the internet ***!

To the mods/site owner/other members, thanks for nearly 7 years of quality banter and FREE Audi advice... :)

I voted 'this poll is pointless' as only subscription paying members of AS.net really have a right to complain! :):):):):):)
This isnt real life its the internet ***!

yep tell that to some other people! I really dont care what people think about me as its "only the internet" but i have learned a valuable lesson. Seems the i was kinda sucker punched into this (i.e givin the idea) just for some of the same people to throw it back in my face and make me lkook a c**t by going agaist the grain when it comes to voiceing publicly. but as you said.. its just the internet so ya gotta laugh.

i could of quite easy deleted bits when it turned hostile, but i didnt. That dont make me an attention seeker, nor does it make me in the wrong. This whole thing has been thrown out of proportion and there are a good handfull of people that could help level it by getting there heads out there bums. it wont happen, so.. i have just got to take the fact that its all me and im an attention seeking muppet.

Last edited:
I normally agree with everything said by unkle, but I disagree with this:

This isnt real life its the internet ***!

It may be the internet but it's still two or more real people at the end of that internet connection. A threat or angry word said in text may not have the same effect as someone in your face but the writer still had to think those things before pressing those buttons.

My internet skin is far thicker than my real life one and I'm sure the same goes for the majority of others, but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable to say anything to anyone.

I like it, can be a bit slow sometimes but thats OK. Classifieds are a bit poo and it can feel pretty sperated in parts but on the whole its one of the better forums I've been on :)

Great event organisation and loads of good free of charge advice. Members are always happy to help each other out too which is cool. I've been to a few shows/meets now and met some cool people so its all good.

If I disagree with someone on here then I wont worry about it, its opinions and everyone has one. There are 46000 members on here and to be honest of you put that many people in one place then people are gonna clash.

Over all though top forum thats run well with lots of help available from clued up users :)

T

46k members and 15k active members so over 30% :icon_thumright:

But how many of those members have just registered to see a particular section, got the answer they were looking for and never came back?

Even so there are plenty of people on here that seem happy with things.

You can never please 100% of people after all. The sooner some people stop taking things so personally on the internet the better as far as I'm concerned which I think might be the root cause of this thread despite all the spin etc.

Even so there are plenty of people on here that seem happy with things.

You can never please 100% of people after all.
so true

Paul,not sure about if the members are one post wonders as the stats just say 'active members' so it depends what they define as active

I am just suprised how things via text,msn and the internet can so easily be taken wrongly and as a slight, when it was perhaps meant in jest etc

Conversations are a dead art since technology boomed and txt spk took over.
For now i think we can mostly ignore the poll, however now the points aree raised, we can now move forward and use this thread consructively to allow people to voice their opinions on the niggles etc,maybe there is siomething we can ALL learn !

i say this very quietly in fear of my health... but has anyone even stopped to look at the poll results? yes the main vote seems this polls pointless... but only 4 votes behind says its a good idea. I like you can only vote once. think people can get off my back now :) im senceing dejavu some what. i said it for months last time i screamed and shouted about something, and i was called an attention seeking muppet a lier and all sorts. look how that turned out. :)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?83583-Siena-ripped-me-off

Just though i mite add that. im going to hide now as i feel im about to get cained again!

Conversations are a dead art since technology boomed and txt spk took over.
For now i think we can mostly ignore the poll, however now the points aree raised, we can now move forward and use this thread consructively to allow people to voice their opinions on the niggles etc,maybe there is siomething we can ALL learn !

here here!

Last edited:
Duty callsDuty calls
I found this on the interweb, seems to some it up to me !!!

Last edited:
I normally agree with everything said by unkle

Thanks. :)

It may be the internet but it's still two or more real people at the end of that internet connection. A threat or angry word said in text may not have the same effect as someone in your face but the writer still had to think those things before pressing those buttons.

My internet skin is far thicker than my real life one and I'm sure the same goes for the majority of others, but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable to say anything to anyone.

Same here, when I close the lid of my laptop thats it finished no matter who has said what to me BUT Ive been using the internet and been on forums for years, seen it all before a million times so I guess I personally wouldnt be bothered by it.

I have no idea what was said to Alpine to make him post this poll, it came across as bashing AS.net when maybe it wasnt supposed to...

Alpine: ignore the idiots and the haters, dont let them get you down. :)

i wont Unkle... i aint done nish wrong as far as im concerned. As said a million times up there its all been blown out of proportion!

Sorry it went like this too. Last time i try to help. (or at least post up the good things that we already know anyway!) We all love this forum, just tryed to open up mods eyes that loads of people are moaning about aspects of it!!

Case closed!! ASN 1- Me 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to draw a line under this whole thread IMO.

Nothings being gained, its just causing strife.....an no one likes strife....especially me.

Status
Not open for further replies.