The adopted TTRS

Morells

Reaction score
Hi everyone thought id make a build thread here. So i dropped my audi S3 off at slough audi and picked up my TTRS and began the long journey home to wales. on the way home i got 32mpg which i was shocked by. Any way here is the spec of the car and some photos.

2010 TTRS
5900 miles
manual
Phantom Black

P1000813_zps1078630a.jpg

P1000818_zpsd5b06505.jpg

P1000814_zpse14bd3e1.jpg

IMG_2434_zps1fc9d820.jpg

P1000827_zps1934609e.jpg

so its been 4 weeks since i have had the car and wow that sound is amazing and the power and drive of the car is the best i have driven. Within 2 weeks of buying the car i bought the milltek de-cat pipes and the sound is even better. I have also bought some spare wing mirrors so i could get them sprayed black because my ideas are black grill, black wing mirrors and black wheels, so the stealth look. One down side to the car is i haven't got my number plate back and log book from the dvla and its been 4weeks hopefully ill get it this week. Oh and also i washed the car today and removed the front number plate and holder and relocated the number plate in the front windscreen.

here are some photos

milltek de-cat pipes and original pipes

P1000830_zps97dfef7e.jpg

the spare wing mirrors how they came and after they have been sprayed

46624_10151506252134931_1117164564_n_zps0c02a5f6.jpg

P1000838_zps884d264d.jpg

and then after a wash and relocation of the number plate

P1000836_zps087c948d.jpg

P1000835_zps36814425.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc
Your TTRS is looking great there Morells, I agree on going for the stealth look black wheels look great on black cars. Good to see another RS here in South Wales, not many around, I sometimes see an RS5 and one other white debadged TTRS but that's about it.

Your TTRS is looking great there Morells, I agree on going for the stealth look black wheels look great on black cars. Good to see another RS here in South Wales, not many around, I sometimes see an RS5 and one other white debadged TTRS but that's about it.

Thanks MBK I wasn't quite sure on the stealth look but then saw one and had to get the ball rolling. There's a grey RS3 that live near me and a grey R8 that live up the road from me so some R cars around. It's getting harder to notice a TTRS because Audi have released this TT special edition which has the spoiler so you pull up think ah another RS oh wait smaller brake and sounds like a diesel haha.

Interesting position for the number plate. Ever had Plod debate the legality of this?

you can get fined for it been in the window
i have been a few times.

Number plate in the window looks rough as.

Just looks like its fallen off and you've jammed it there as a temporary measure.

I'd trim the plate down to the legal minimum size, and put it back on the front.

I have put the number plate back on but have changed the screws so its easier to get off at shows

Slow progress and some little updates to show you all. Iv had the wing mirrors and wheels sprayed and also had cruise control fitted. grill and fuel cap are booked in to be sprayed as well. washed her to day so she is nice and clean in the pics.

Reactions: T-800, elton121272 and MBK
I love that third picture of the rear of your TTRS, that looks perfect, mean and moody, it just says fast!

I love that third picture of the rear of your TTRS, that looks perfect, mean and moody, it just says fast!

Thanks I love the car sooooo much that engine is just amazing the only 2 reasons I didn't get the RS3 is the auto box I just love changing gears still and also I wanted a 2 door car as I don't need back seats but one day the RS3 is on the cards defiantly :wub:

Thanks I love the car sooooo much that engine is just amazing the only 2 reasons I didn't get the RS3 is the auto box I just love changing gears still and also I wanted a 2 door car as I don't need back seats but one day the RS3 is on the cards defiantly :wub:

BUT you can still play with the stick Morells; believe me...

I NEVER thought I'd go auto, but DSG on the road is nothing like auto!

So convinced am I that I purchased a 2.0 TT 'ragtop' 6-speed DSG also!

Same difference; the ability to shift from 'drive' to 'sport' to 'drive' to 'sport' wherever and whenever, is just mega!

While you're exercising your right and left-foots in a stick-shift Morells, my right-foot equipped is well and truly planted, the next gears already assigned, and my RS3 (and TT, maybe) IS already in front…

There really is NO argument Morells, and I love to argue, but a stick shift 5-pot Quattro against the same with DSG... dream on....

Love your car mind…

Reactions: Mr_Freeze

Our new flatshift software will be out for the TTRS soon, makes changing gear even more fun :)

Rick

Love the car, not sure I would have got rid of the silver wing mirrors, I think the contrast on the mirrors is what makes an RS