THAT unlocking problem

RS3dan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Fitted some new wheels to my car today after they got back from refurb :D

However during this process the unlock stopped working with the key fob :(

I've read about it on here, and it sounds like the micro switch?
However before I jump off at the deep end, I've also noticed the red light on the key fob doesn't illuminate anymore..
It does lock the car, an unlock the boot though :S
Is it possible that somehow less power/signal is require for these two than to unlock it? Would be easier/quicker to just change the battery but does that sound daft?

Cheers!

Ps, here she is on new wheels, personally I love them and the gunmetal on blue :) does need lowering now though..!

is it not just a battery that needs replaced in the key fob?

Change the battery first, its a CR2032.

Reactions: RS3dan
Seems like the best shout doesn't it, as long as it doesn't sound stupid lol!

Another possibly stupid question..!

When the battery in the Key is changed, it won't 'forget' what car it belongs to or anything will it? I don't have a spare and as I understand coding a key isn't just done by the ignition?

Cheers

Another possibly stupid question..!

When the battery in the Key is changed, it won't 'forget' what car it belongs to or anything will it? I don't have a spare and as I understand coding a key isn't just done by the ignition?

Cheers
no issues with changing battery :)

Cheers guys! Changed today and problem solved - much better than a broken lock switch!

The only thing to bear in mind when changing the batteries in the key fob is that you only have a minute from the time you remove them to fit the new battery-otherwise it will need to be reprogrammed-costing a lot at the dealer!!

The only thing to bear in mind when changing the batteries in the key fob is that you only have a minute from the time you remove them to fit the new battery-otherwise it will need to be reprogrammed-costing a lot at the dealer!!

Are you sure? I've had mine without a battery for about 30 mins before, no problems. In fact I think my spare doesn't have a battery and still works.

Oh maybe it's different for the type of key you have- I had mine done at the garage and they told me that it needs to be done quick otherwise keys may need reprogrammed-maybe it's a scare tactic...:)