1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That new car smell!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MrTackalakalaka, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MrTackalakalaka

MrTackalakalaka Member

[Mar 7, 2012]
    I don't know about you guys but I love the smell of a clean/well looked after interior!

I can definitely spend too much time making sure its all new looking and smelling good inside!
    Today I went out in a courtesy car my friend is using after his Golf MK4 got written off......(It really is brand new with only 80 miles on the clock!)

It was a brand new horrible French car but it smelt good! (I'm sad I know)
    Is there actually an air freshener that smells like a new car, not like magic trees "new car scent" that smells more like deodorant from pound land but one that smells like the fresh interior just off the line?

Haha probably the most rubbish post on here but thought I'd ask anyway

Cheers
    Scotty!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 30, 2015]

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

[Mar 8, 2012]
    When i deep clean the leather it smells good for a week or 2 but other than that i use autosmart bubblegum airfreshener, its certainly is different and gets people wondering where they have smelled it before...:)
    for the new car smell....hmmmmm throw a few barbie dolls in the back seat......:)
  4. vfr800

vfr800 Active Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    Hi

I know what you mean mate. I've seen 'new car smell' fresheners before - but I like the smell of a nice clean car.

Perhaps Halfords? - but ebay is probably your best bet.

Liam
  5. deeman88

deeman88 Watch this space...

[Mar 8, 2012]
    lol, not too sure about that scent but worth a look....

i use vanilla scented spray, (spray and wipe) close the doors and windows preferably overnight, gives it a natural sorta scent.
  6. Customboy

Customboy Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    Let the sniffing fetish begin lol !
  7. Hammy999

Hammy999 Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    The AROMATEK is supposed to give a permanent odour removal that can then be used to re-fragrance with a leather smell. Giving that new car smell!! My local valeter has an Aromatek and has quoted £60 to do the interior and get the nice new leather smell back. I keep meaning to go give it a try just sounds expensive but considering the amount I have spent on the car in the last few months it really is not that much (just another £60!!!).
  8. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 8, 2012]
    a bottle of black trim wax burst in my boot a few weeks back, that makes the car smeel like its just been valeted - smelt real good until i discovered why it smelt so good and thought **** it!!
  9. vfr800

vfr800 Active Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    The S3 is my first car with leather seats, the first thing I did was remove the awful air freshener in the car and give the insides a thorough pasting with AutoGlym leather treatment stuff. I luuuuuuuuuurrve the smell of leathery goodness when I get in the car now. :wub:

Unfortunately I threw the old air freshener in the bin in my garage, rather then smelling of tools, oil and motorbikes the garage smells of lime magic tree air freshener :puke2:

Liam
  10. MrTackalakalaka

MrTackalakalaka Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    Hahaha some funny comments already!!!
    Yeah gotta love that leather smell!!

Unfortunately i rarely smell it as most of the time i have my bike and pads in the back of my car........so my car normally smells of vinegar if i have no air freshener inside.

At the moment i have a Jelly Belly Cherry air freshener (girlfriends choice may i add) haha
    I guess ill have to create some attachment to my car where i can leave my pads outside my car at all times!
  11. vfr800

vfr800 Active Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    I made the mistake of leaving my climbing shoes on the back seat of my car while I went away for the weekend once, a bit of sunshine and the car warms up and jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus do they stink.

Took a few days for the smell to clear.

Liam
  12. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 8, 2012]
  13. MrTackalakalaka

MrTackalakalaka Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
  14. deeman88

deeman88 Watch this space...

[Mar 8, 2012]
    lol.... ordering mine in a bit. just to try it out lol.
  15. Kami

Kami Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    Coconut air freshners reminds me of a new car. Dunno why but if you try it yourself, you'll know what I mean lol
  16. MrTackalakalaka

MrTackalakalaka Member

[Mar 9, 2012]

Got mine through the post this morning............hmmmm it smells a bit strange........like a fresh plastic bottle but its real strong so I'm gonna give it a chance and let it settle and see what its like!
  17. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Mar 9, 2012]
    My favourite of all time has to be the Vanilla Magic Tree, not so much new car, but its quite neutral and fresh, the bubbleberry one i think they do as well is quite nice, that does remind me of a new car smell for some reason, which has already been mentioned up above.

The best one that was done a while ago, which I have not seen for ages was the Magic Tree Tutti Frutti one, it smelt like juicy fruit chewing gums....vey nice.

Oh and finally the Cherry California Scents is very nice as well :)
  18. Benjiman46

Benjiman46 R-Tech Terrorist

[Mar 9, 2012]
    liquids3 likes this.
  19. liquids3

liquids3 Member

[Mar 9, 2012]
    Its all about california car scents!
  20. MrTackalakalaka

MrTackalakalaka Member

[Mar 30, 2012]
    I got rid of my New Car Scent by Chemical Guys as its like walking through the varnish section in B+Q.

Went into a surf shop the other day and all you could smell was the awesome smell of Sex Wax..........I got a weird look when i picked a block up and smelt it about 4 times, every time i bought it away from my nose i let out an "AHHHHHHHHHH"
    anyway..........

I said to the guy why don't they make air fresheners that smell like this?

He then went into a draw and pulled one out! So now i have a coconut Sex Wax air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror. Smells so good!

haha

You can find them on ebay for real cheap!
  21. anderswhk

anderswhk Member

[Mar 30, 2012]
    I know for a fact that alot of used car dealers get the "new car smell" by cleaning it completely, then having a set of brand new tires sitting in the back seat for a while. The smell of the rubber is what you are after.