1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Devilishly Handsome Ess_three!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leddy, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Leddy

Leddy Member

Glens recent threads have got me thinking again about a car I've always wanted - a Honda NSX. I know it's "just a Honda" but i've always been besotted, i know it will eat clutches and rear tyres but I don't care! I know running it could be potentially bankrupting but i NEED THIS CAR!

The crazy thing is that I've never driven one. It's just every time I see one I fall in love with them all over again, it's a childish desire to own something totally unreasonable.

Trouble is there are very few where I live so I was after buying advice, things to look for, expected running costs(this won't be a consideration, it's just nice to set the expectation).

I would normally trawl the owners forums for info, but I can't find a UK one - any ideas?

Gotta love the NSX!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

Ahhhhhhh NSX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

My bro has got a S2000 and I know for a fact that they get talked about over on the S2000 forum. Get yourself over there and i'm sure they'll be able to answer most of your questions

S2000 forum

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Chassis tuned by the legendary Ayrton Senna... nuff said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

5. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Leddy said:
    Re: That B*****d Ess_three!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit strong Leddy...I can produce both parents for inspection, if required! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Glens recent threads have got me thinking again about a car I've always wanted - a Honda NSX. I know it's "just a Honda" but i've always been besotted,

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not 'just a Honda'. And besides there's nothing wrong with Honda...they make some of the most driver focussed tools ever...
    Also, from experience, more reliable when driven hard than any VAG product I've owned!

The NSX was also the car that prevented 'my' C4S from claiming yet another 'evo' car of the year award! (OK it was in Type-R guise...but you can't polish a turd, the NSX is damn good to start with!)

[ QUOTE ]

i know it will eat clutches and rear tyres but I don't care! I know running it could be potentially bankrupting but i NEED THIS CAR!

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll only eat them if you are rough with it...
    Tyres, fair enough...but the torque being made high up the revs should give the clutch a decent life if treated with respect.

Other than that, it's a Honda. What will go wrong with it?
    Nothing. That's what.

[ QUOTE ]

The crazy thing is that I've never driven one. It's just every time I see one I fall in love with them all over again, it's a childish desire to own something totally unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then drive one...
    Then the desire will become an all encompassing drive...

At least if you drive one, you'll know if you can fit in one...I looked reasonably seriously at one before buying my S3 (coming from an Integra Type-R) but found I couldn't get in the damn thing to drive it!

[ QUOTE ]

Trouble is there are very few where I live so I was after buying advice, things to look for, expected running costs(this won't be a consideration, it's just nice to set the expectation).

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help you there...they are like hen's teeth...

I can't see one costing the earth to run if you are sensible...buying a fairly early one will make it pretty much depreciation proof - if that's a consideration...VTEC engines don't break...Honda service costs are reasonable...shouldn't be too hard on brakes as it's not too heavy...

[ QUOTE ]

I would normally trawl the owners forums for info, but I can't find a UK one - any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sorry.

[ QUOTE ]

Gotta love the NSX!

[/ QUOTE ]

A true classic...
    That noise...I remember being passed by one whilst driving David R's S4 - I think the owner was well past 8000RPM at the time...and the shiver down my spine as that VTEC howled past is undescribable! Absolutely awesome!

6. yea i have always loved them as well since i was a kid. Think this is the type-r, i dunno about the bonnet, reckon it would look better all white

7. this is supposed to be the latest one, don't think its made yet though

8. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    i dunno about the bonnet, reckon it would look better all white

[/ QUOTE ]

Come again?

9. refresh rich, lol

10. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    refresh rich, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha!... Yeah all one colour is much better!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

11. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    yea i have always loved them as well since i was a kid. Think this is the type-r, i dunno about the bonnet, reckon it would look better all white

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, those facelifted models without the pop up lights look better imo (less 80s). Only prob is they are still around the £50k mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

12. Leddy

Leddy Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ImS3ola said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    yea i have always loved them as well since i was a kid. Think this is the type-r, i dunno about the bonnet, reckon it would look better all white

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, those facelifted models without the pop up lights look better imo (less 80s). Only prob is they are still around the £50k mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually really like the earlier version, as the pic in my first post. Nothing wrong with pop-up headlights on the right car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

13. Leddy

Leddy Member

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and sorry Pimp, but that pic is a travesty!!! Awful body kit, truly awful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

14. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    this is supposed to be the latest one, don't think its made yet though

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmm, me thinks someone has been copying a certain lamborghini.......

15. marctwo

marctwo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    this is supposed to be the latest one, don't think its made yet though

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think it is and I seem to remember that they decided they are not going to ever make it either. Real shame, looks great.

16. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

Hey what's wrong with "honda", mine is running lovely so far and loads of fun (not an NSX unfortunately, an S2000) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

NSX is gorgoeus, there was one at the Honda dealer in Weybridge for a while - black one - as a tip though don't bother using that dealer!

17. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I'm tempted to buy one myself now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Leddy said:

The "only a Honda" was a thinly veiled poke at the many badge snobs around here. I'm sure it also doesn't need pointing out the whooping of VAG in every reliability survey!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why I reacted as I did...
    Too many people bash them without ever owning / driving one.

I'd have my ITR back tomorrow...as long as it came back in pre-smash condition!

19. I will always stand by german and japanese cars!

YOGi

20. yeah, i had a 1991 honda prelude, the reliability was amazing. Ok so the interior build quality isn't as good as german cars, but its still good.

21. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

22. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  23. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Leddy said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Andy bS3 said:
    I do beleive someones changed the thread title, I wonder who lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably some B*****d!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

24. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Andy bS3 said:
    I do beleive someones changed the thread title, I wonder who lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you all it wasn't me...I'm a bit of an optimist, but that title is pushing things a bit too far!

Besides, I don't have Moderator rights in the General forum!

I have a good idea who is responsible though...

25. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

I think we are suspecting the same individual!
    He wouldn't drive a certain Nogaro Blue uber S3 would he? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

26. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Huh? What? Don't know what you are talking about...

Profanity filter is working well though...

27. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!

I hope your relationship is strictly Business and not Personal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif