TFSI start up rattle

shropy95

Reaction score
hi guys,
recently had the cam chain and tensioner replaced on my 2005 bgb engine and has made the overall running of the engine smoother and quieter :) however recently it has started making a rattle on startup for 1/2 seconds.
I understand these engines suffer from oil pressure issues and was wondering if there was a common thing i should check first ? or maybe another chain tensioner to be changing aswell as the cam chain tensioner i have had replaced? would this maybe be signs of oil pickup pipe blockages ?
thanks guys!

hi guys,
recently had the cam chain and tensioner replaced on my 2005 bgb engine and has made the overall running of the engine smoother and quieter :) however recently it has started making a rattle on startup for 1/2 seconds.
I understand these engines suffer from oil pressure issues and was wondering if there was a common thing i should check first ? or maybe another chain tensioner to be changing aswell as the cam chain tensioner i have had replaced? would this maybe be signs of oil pickup pipe blockages ?
thanks guys!
First port of call mate, new pick up pipe. Once touvw done that, if it persists its more than likely abit of piston slap from cold. But i think the pick up pipe will solve it.