1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing out Elements 7 and Photomatix...

Gryphon001 Apr 30, 2010

1. Gryphon001

Gryphon001 Active Member

Been toying around with Photoshop Elements 7 and the new (to me) Photomatix software... here are some early results of HDR/exposure fusion and just general fooling around...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely need to work on these some more (and need better shots to work with), but not too bad for a trial run... :)

2. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

love the engine bay pic!

3. gamblor

gamblor New Member

are you using bracketing for the HDR with photomatix? will help for more intense shadows and highlights if that's what you're after :)

4. Gryphon001

Gryphon001 Active Member

I haven't been actually. I've just been shooting images only changing the shutter speed manually. I would usually get between 4-6 images per shot and see what I could get out of them. I am still completely new to this particular skill... not that I am all that much experienced at anything else involving photography.

5. gamblor

gamblor New Member

what camera do you have? dslr?if you're a canon user i'd be more than happy to guide you a little in a couple of things.

6. Gryphon001

Gryphon001 Active Member

NIKON user actually... at the moment I have the D60 but I am starting to look into upgrading to the D90. That camera has been around for a while though so I am beginning to wonder if Nikon will be coming out with an update for it like they did for the D60 with D3000 and D5000.

7. Gryphon001

Gryphon001 Active Member

Latest attempt at HDR images using Photomatix...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Scott134

Scott134 Member

Excellent job mate! My favourite has to be the third shot down on the new shots (the head-on shot), really gritty and I love the wide, narrow crop. Inspired me to go and try Photomatix now!!

9. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Navarra TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro Manual

Love the shots.. Great location too.. :)

You've done some good work there! Looking forward to seeing your new found talent progress.

10. joedredd

joedredd 2006 A6 S line 3.0tdi Quattro Avant VCDS Map User

Love the last shots but couldnt you "clone" the reg plate out, it would be a much more cleaner look.

11. Gryphon001

Gryphon001 Active Member

Not that advanced in my skills yet... lol