1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Drove a new A-class today.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3-black, May 6, 2013.

1. A3-black

A3-black Member

I had a little trip around a few dealers today and took a few cars out on a test drive. The last was the new A-class 220 diesel auto AMG.

Lovely car to drive being a twin turbo but when I got inside the build quality in the cabin is nothing on the A3! I couldn't believe it when the salesman told me they come with artificial leather, for a car that's up for £27140 you would at least expect real leather. Ill definitely be sticking to Audi!
    I oOEddOo I, Sim_88, ENZO and 2 others like this.
  2. Wilky5

Wilky5 Member

That's disappointing. Do like the new A class though, vast improvement on the previous model
  3. whale

whale Member

Wife commented on how nice it looked when we drove past the Mercedes dealer.. Waaaay better than the old one.

Told her our S3 is faster though ;)
  4. veeeight

veeeight Well-Known Member

If truth be told, all VW Group products (and indeed, most manufacturers) use "artificial or synthetic" leather in their range, and in various sections of the car..... Remanufacutred and processed hide, split hides, MB-Tex, Atrico, Koskin, Naugahyde etc. to give an unblemished appearance, consistency, good ageing etc.

*edit: Exception within VW Group is Bentley, genuine scandinavian cow leather :)
    Last edited: May 7, 2013