1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test drive

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by poweller, Sep 15, 2012.

1. poweller

poweller Member

I test drove a tdi sport model today, first impressions were very good, it was very planted and felt quicker than my 140 tdi golf. Always risky ordering without trying but I certainly won't be cancelling my order :) the inside is a very nice place to be, the pictures certainly don't do it justice. Did anyone else test drive one today? Only trouble is I saw an a1 s-line in scuba blue and want to change my order from Daytona grey..is it going to cause problems if i try and change the order at this stage? My estimates delivery date isn't until November but don't want to do anything that may delay it..
  2. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

How long is it since you placed the order ? You cant change your order after one week of ordering it i think.
  3. slade777

slade777 Member

I test drive the 2.0tdi today as well and must say how dated the 8P is in every way. Interior is very nice and very good quality. The gearbox was smooth and power delivery is really good. The extra 10 Bhp over my current car is noticeable. I was the first person go drive it and it only had 21 miles on the clock and still the engine felt very loose.

10/10 Audi well done!

Awaiting the A class arrival in the next few weeks before choosing which to order.
  4. poweller

poweller Member

I originally placed it at the end of July, but had to change the suspension option when they informed me of long delays on the s-line suspension, probably been a couple of weeks since that happened. Cheers.
  5. profidriver

profidriver Member

Hi, been in Sheffield today to test The new A3 aswell. 2.0TDI Sport. It was fantastic drive, really enjoyed.As slade777 says gearbox is smoth, can confirm.as dont like leather seats, but i had like half leather seats with buckskin.must have it, like it. Think about swap my year old A3 for new one. In March 2013 will be 5 door available, and if place order now they give me sat nav free, which is option. so get extra 500, but as you know it is already in price :laugh:. clever guys from audi :)
  6. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

You can normally change items on the car up until it is confirmed for production by Audi. This is often quite a few weeks after placing the order.
  7. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

On my second A3, back in 2006, I changed the order slightly at the last minute to add the phone prep. At the time, you could only order the phone prep with the cradle on the dash, which I didn't want, then they added an option to have it in the armrest. I told the lease company I wanted this added and they managed to do it and this was the week before the car was scheduled to be built. It pushed the build date back by one week but that was it.

Generally I think Audi will accommodate changes if they can, just your build date may slip a little if it's imminent.