1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Drive 23-26 Nov

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by suzannec, Nov 8, 2012.

1. suzannec

suzannec Member

I've finally had my request for a test drive met! I'm getting a 2.0 TDI Sport for 23-26 Nov. The cars are finally being made available for test drive, so if you are also waiting for one you might be getting a call soon. They didn't seem to mind that I'd already placed my order!! It felt too weird to have not test driven it.
  2. Audi Man Dan

Audi Man Dan Member

Really don't see the point of a test drive, spoils the excitment. But have fun.
  3. suzannec

suzannec Member

I do when your stuck with the vehicle for 3 years and the last Audi gave you a serious back/neck/shoulder problem which is the reason you've ordered the replacement. Anyway, had to cancel as I'm now away and can't take delivery. Grrr!
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Personally I would never ever order a new car without test driving the same model beforehand. I did once, a Golf Mk2 and the seats were horrible. Fortunately my dealer would take it back for the price I paid and supplied a new Audi 80 Sport.
  5. Audi Man Dan

Audi Man Dan Member

I suppose that is a good reason to test drive. Thats rubbish news about your order : (
  6. Audi Man Dan

Audi Man Dan Member

Sounds like a lucky escape! I think owning the current gen A3, I still would find test driving the new 8V unnecessary, but every body is different.
  7. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

In my case I had no choice but to order blind. If it was my money it'd be different but it's not and, if it was awful, I've only got it for two years anyway. I've had enough A3s now to trust that I'd like it anyway :)