Terrible MPG on 2006 2.0 TDi Avant Quattro S Line

• Thread starter Pedrödelabongo
  • Start date
P

Pedrödelabongo

Just spent a fortune on front suspension rebuild (genuine Audi and Bilstein), front brakes (again, but properly with Ferodo this time!), fluid and filter service including new MAF sensor (genuine Audi), MOT etc etc etc…….. and a cheeky Stage 1 remap, all done at a very respected garage here in York.

They discovered that a poor remap had been done in the past and the DPF has been gutted.

Before it went in to the garage, the performance was decent, but rocked on cold tick over and MPG was about 35 on B roads to work ( 30ish miles each way) and 40 on motorway cruises.

Now, the remap has improved midrange power- not massively, but then I can't compare to standard.
It still rocks about on tick over until the temp gets to 90 deg., and the MPG has not improved one bit. Some people thin I should be getting 45 on the B roads and up to 65 on the motorway - is that right?

Before I go back to them on Tuesday, any ideas - coolant temp sensor maybe?

140 HP or 170 HP, mine is a 07 BRD 170 HP and just had a remap done by Rick at unicorn with a DPF delete and an EGR delete which in hindsight was causing a lumpy idle when cold as it must have been stuck open. I have been back for a few weeks now and my MPG is around the 40-41 MPG mark and that is not motorways either and I do stretch the legs on it fairly regularly, if you know what I mean ;) and as for the remap Rick has done an excellent job.

Aah, yes - mine is a 170.
The remap should have taken it to 210bhp and up to 320 Nm (or is that Lbs/ft?) from 250.
Hmmm - EGR could be the cause of the lumpy tick over.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the CTS, please?
2.0 TDi 2006

A right pain in the *** to get to, it's in middle of block at the back of engine

Don't get mixed up with the feul temp sender as they look identical by the way

I would say your mpg figures are about right, you have a heavy car with the 4wd. My wifes 2006 A3 TDI140 does the same mpg. If you said your A4 is a 2014 model then you could expect a lot more.

I'm going too see Rick tomorrow I know he's done wonderful things too the 1.8t engine and hearing some good feedback on here so I thought he'd be th best man for the job!

Reactions: studunc06
Thanks gents.
I hadn't thought of the quattro system - I guess that would eat a bit of fuel.
Looks like I'll be having a dig about at the back of the engine tomorrow - I assume the CTS is grey plastic?

One is grey one is green, can't remember which is which (CTS vs FTS)

Cheers mate - I'm sure the CTS is grey - new ones on the Bay of E are grey…….. my logic!