Terraclean

ron burgandy

Reaction score
thinking of having my S3 Terraclean, my S3 is nearly 5 years old with 35000 miles on the clock. Is it worth it and has anyone had it done? Priced at £108 around the corner from me

I've always had mine walnut blasted and it cleans it perfectly,for a similar sort of price.
Having seen the stuff that collects,I'm not convinced that a spray based method could do as well,but I could be wrong.

There's an agent right near me as well who does it for £108, I think if you don't do enough decent runs in your car and you suspect you're clogging all the engine up with cack then might be somethin to think about but then mine's almost 12 years old and would probably benefit from it more than yours

There's an agent right near me as well who does it for £108, I think if you don't do enough decent runs in your car and you suspect you're clogging all the engine up with cack then might be somethin to think about but then mine's almost 12 years old and would probably benefit from it more than yours

It's a problem with DI engines only,and the older models with port injectors will escape this little present from VAG....

The new engine on the 8V also has both port and DI injectors so it should be OK as well.

I believe the only way to clean properly is using walnut shells as S3Alex states. Terraclean will help and clean most deposits but, it's not as thorough a walnut shell clean. BMW use the walnut shell method in the UK. Have a look around Terraclean website and you won't see many before and after photos of port cleaning. Whilst it undoubtedly works to an extent I think you'd have to use it more regularly than the walnut shell method.

Reactions: S3Alex
I'd say that Terraclean is not worth it as it works using abrasive chemicals in the fuel line. I recently got a similar freebie service from Engine CarbonClean at a car show, which uses a small amount of hydrogen in the air intake which reacts with carbon build-up and dissolves them. It affect the turbo and anywhere where air travels, which Terraclean does not.

I'd say that for best results a combination of walnut blasting and CarbonClean would rid of almost every carbon deposit. I wouldn't bother with Terraclean tbh.

This thread discusses this in detail:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/252732/

Where could I get walnut blast done and roughly how much would it cost.
And on a separate topic where does and how would you get a good engine bay clean

Where could I get walnut blast done and roughly how much would it cost.
And on a separate topic where does and how would you get a good engine bay clean

I know AMD can do this,and AFAIK Awesome Gti can as well.

Reactions: ron burgandy
Surely Terraclean will do more good then bad though..?

Personally for the sake of £100 is it not worth it..?