Terraclean?

Buzzer

Reaction score
Anybody have this terraclean service done on there S3, seems cheap, fast and beneficial.

I'm skeptical, but I don't know much about it!

There's a Terraclean place next to where I got my exhaust done, been thinking about getting it done. I thought it was mostly for diesel cars but it seems they do petrol too.
From what I gather it cleans your fuel system out, said to improve economy

Economy and performance, can't be bad.

They used it on a jag xk8/r on wheeler dealers once, sorted out the emissions on that car for the mot, check it out on youtube if you haven't seen it.

Looked very interesting also interested if anyone else on here has done it been meaning to look up more about it for a while.

£70 for normal size engine, price rises accordingly

had mine done as soon as i got it, couldnt say if it improved performance at all, they did run before and after emmissions tests, it did drop it noticably. the car was in a sad state tbh when i got it. sorry i couldnt be of any real help.

Thought the benefits were mainly diesel cars and if the DPF was constantly clogging on them......I know it works wonders on diesels. My mate up nr Elgin was about to be a delaer for Terraclean

they use different chemical on petrols, works shifting carbon build ups through out the engine, can remove build up on the cat, can also replenish egr valves apparently. they claimed to be able to restore the inside of the engine to practically brand new condition, and regain them horses that got away over time.
my friend that works for vw is sceptical about it saying, surely if the engine is carboned up the piston/rings will wear to that to.
and removing the carbon could cause baggy piston/rings?

they use different chemical on petrols, works shifting carbon build ups through out the engine, can remove build up on the cat, can also replenish egr valves apparently. they claimed to be able to restore the inside of the engine to practically brand new condition, and regain them horses that got away over time.
my friend that works for vw is sceptical about it saying, surely if the engine is carboned up the piston/rings will wear to that to.
and removing the carbon could cause baggy piston/rings?

That's my fear, if you remove any build up in the engine then you could introduce an issue that previously wasn't there

Don't think it effect the pistons etc, its connected to the fuel lines and cleans erg, injectors etc.

Ok, got this done today. Called to the house and the prearranged time, no favving around looking for fuel lines, fuses etc. 5-10 minutes setting up to the right air pressure and off it ran for about 15 minutes.
Quick and professional. Straight out for a drive and a little bit of welly on the way home.
Thoughts.....idle is better with the needle staying put with no movement at all. It also seems to be a tad smoother going up the revs, especially in the lower end.
Overall, i think it is smoother and better idle , but I'll have to report back in a few days with mpg average compared to the usual. Performance can not be proved, but the placebo effect says its better lower in the range.

Let us know how you get on.

Just bought a 115k mile S3 with sketchy service history.
The company my wife works for have both diesel and petrol machines and I might give it a go.

i see it simply as a way of giving the injectors a really good clean without having to take them out.

Ok, got this done today. Called to the house and the prearranged time, no favving around looking for fuel lines, fuses etc. 5-10 minutes setting up to the right air pressure and off it ran for about 15 minutes.
Quick and professional. Straight out for a drive and a little bit of welly on the way home.
Thoughts.....idle is better with the needle staying put with no movement at all. It also seems to be a tad smoother going up the revs, especially in the lower end.
Overall, i think it is smoother and better idle , but I'll have to report back in a few days with mpg average compared to the usual. Performance can not be proved, but the placebo effect says its better lower in the range.

Buzzer, I'm contemplating getting this done on my 100k S3 just to clean things up and hopefully improve fuel consumption. Have you noticed any gains in that area at all since you had it done?

I did notice a slight improvement in mpg, nothing major, but better.

I would be interested in your thoughts afterwards Bill. I have just bought an ultrasonic cleaner but if this has additional benefits of cleaning throughout it could be good.

They used it on a jag xk8/r on wheeler dealers once, sorted out the emissions on that car for the mot, check it out on youtube if you haven't seen it.

Looked very interesting also interested if anyone else on here has done it been meaning to look up more about it for a while.

View with a little caution though, Edd China is the poster boy for Terraclean in their advertising campaign, just saying!!

I would be interested in your thoughts afterwards Bill. I have just bought an ultrasonic cleaner but if this has additional benefits of cleaning throughout it could be good.

my specific challange and test car(s) are my tfsi cupra and my diesel arosa
coking up inlet valves on tfsi being an issue

should be interesting demo

I'll be watching this closely as there's a Terraclean place close to me in Wycombe that has taken my interest.

I'm guessing these will be dyno and/or emissions type tests?

Dyno tests resulted in no change.
mpg checks ever since also, no change and marginally worse on the arosa on its first tank since being done. Arosa is smoother but no other change seen.

Trying alternate products to this.... Not convinced personally its worth the ££ getting into it.

Cheaper alternatives which can offer full intake cleaning as well are what I am looking for.

Dyno tests resulted in no change.
mpg checks ever since also, no change and marginally worse on the arosa on its first tank since being done. Arosa is smoother but no other change seen.

Trying alternate products to this.... Not convinced personally its worth the ££ getting into it.

Cheaper alternatives which can offer full intake cleaning as well are what I am looking for.

But Ed China and Mike Brewer said it's amazing. lol.

:end_of_discction:

Might aswell throw some 2 stroke oil in your diesel..... that gives quieter tickover, smoother power and more mpg .... alegedly .... keep meaning to give it a try

it does more then quiten the engine,
little quote from the page

"if such 2-stroke oil is added to the diesel in a homoeophatic dosis of 1:200. In practical terms: 0,300 litre of 2-stroke oil into the 70l diesel tank. The 2-stroke oil will be absorbed by the diesel (emulsion) and grease every moving part of the high pressure pump and the injectors."

article in which infomation can be found
Adding 2 stroke oil to diesel tank - read this - The Brick-yard - Page 1

i read this some time back when researching using straight veg oil in my pug 306. i also used 2 stroke and it really quieten down the clackety old style derv engine.