Tempory loss of boost? Help!!!

Andy...S3

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have search previous posts but cant find anything that resembles my cars behaviour.

My car drives really well most of the time and is totally standard but every now and then I totally loose all boost. I can still hear the turbo building but just doesnt kick in.
I then turn the engine off and back on again and all is fine once more.
Does this sound like the MAF on its way out?
Please help with possible causes!!!

Many thanks

Andy :icon_thumright:

It sounds as though the N75 valve is gone, or theres a boost leak somewhere... boost leak would probably be there all the time though.
Faulty MAF would give you low power all the time and normally inconsistant power delivery.

Mine does the same. Not all the time but especially cold mornings. I'm also puzzled as to what the problem is.

Morning!!

Thanks for the responses fellas.

I dont think i have a boost leak as turning the engine off and on again cures it.I am not mechanically minded at all and have no idea what an N75 is but would turning the engine off and on again sort this out???

AKY - Mine is only on cold mornings too and I reckon its maybe the fact that the engine is warmer when I turn the ignition off and on again that cures it as I never put my foot down until it has warmed up anyway.

I have had it hooked up to a computer recently too and its not pulling up any fault codes!? :think: