1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tempory car insurance ??

D4YEW Mar 27, 2012

1. D4YEW

D4YEW New Member

Hi have recently bought a s3 :) i have a vw golf that i now need to insure, until i sell it over the next few weeks. I also need to tax it in the next few days, does anyone know any companies that offer a tempory policy ? that will cover me for it to be sat on the drive and say 20 miles for the month, so i can take potential buyers on a test drive ?? Thanks

2. skyinsurance

skyinsurance Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

3. D4YEW

D4YEW New Member

Is there a number i can ring ?? as i put 25 days cover in and they wanted 260.00 which seems steep as i only paid 500.00 for the year ? Thanks

4. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

5. audigex

audigex Active Member

tbh, you'd probably be best off just taking out normal cover - temporary cover is meant to be a couple of days thing - more than a few weeks and you're paying more than for annual cover.

Most policies allow you to cancel at any time with a full pro-rata discount (although if you make a claim, you can't cancel)

So take it out for £500 (probably less if you put in very low mileage), then if you sell it in a couple of months you get £420 of that back... less than you'd pay for a couple of weeks of temporary cover. If you can find a monthly rolling contract, that works even better.