1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temperature sender for dash temp gauge

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by VAGMAN1, Mar 10, 2006.

1. VAGMAN1

VAGMAN1 Member

Anyone replaced this part before - how easy is it to do?

I think mine is faulty as it's been reading under (about 5 deg C) for a while now, compared to the car's normal temp of 90 deg C

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

no idea for a TDI, but ita a doddle on the 1.8 T 225 petrol.

http://www.wak-tt.com/tempsensor/tempsensor.htm

the sensor described in the above link is a dual one. one for the DIS, one for the ECU.

have a read over that and see if its any use for the TDI.

I have no idea if it is.

4. HTC

HTC Active Member

IF you have aircon, check the gauge against the climate temp reading.

You may have a faulty thermostat.

5. GarryA3

GarryA3 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone replaced this part before - how easy is it to do?

I think mine is faulty as it's been reading under (about 5 deg C) for a while now, compared to the car's normal temp of 90 deg C

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong mate but you might have a similar problem to me (again lol).Ive been having problems with my dash cluster when its been really cold.Problems being dash not lighting up and the dials sticking and not responding properly.Ive not got round to finding out the actual problem thats causing it to happen because its ok now the weather has slightly improved.
    But i had the same problem to yours only it was my fuel dial that was stuck just above empty and i know that i had at least half a tank.
    I just unplugged the dash cluster and then plugged it back in and the dial shot back to where it was meant to be.
    Just a thought,something easy you could try rather than getting it to a garage.

6. [ QUOTE ]
    IF you have aircon, check the gauge against the climate temp reading.

You may have a faulty thermostat.

[/ QUOTE ]

What buttons do you press on the climate control to get the various read out's (eg temp, speed ect). I've been searching through past posts for ones i know i've seen before on this subject but cant find them.

I too seem to have a temp guage problem. Today on the way home from work it only read about 75 degrees instead of the usual 90. Could do with cheacking it against the climbate control readings for coolent temp.