1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temperature gauge, radiator and stalling issue!

Tsonga Jun 27, 2014

1. Tsonga

Tsonga New Member

Hi guys!

I have been having a few issues with my 2000 Audi A3 1.6SE and every Google search I do turns up you all as the experts!

Currently my poor car has these issues :(

1. My temperature gauge isn't working. Or at least I think it isn't, it doesn't move off the 60 despite how long I drive it so I can only assume that it is buggered. I don't know for how long this hasn't been working, but a number of years ago (about 3) I did replace the Green temperature sensor for the coolant. I am not sure if that has something to do with it?
    2. She stalls :(, typically only when cold. If I drive up to a junction and push in the clutch the engine revs take a drastic dive and the car stalls. My research has suggested that this might simply be the air filter, but I would love to hear from someone with a similar experience.
    3. The temperature light came on the other day, after consulting the manual I found out this is to do with the engine coolant. I was alarmed to see that my coolant level was way under the MIN mark in my car. As this is a sealed system there is no reason for this level to go down drastically unless *gulp* there is a leak. Does anybody have any good tips for how to find leaks with these? One thing I am going to go is check the temp sensor and make sure the seal has not gone.
    4. Dim dashboard. I think I have a loose connection somewhere which dims my dashboard. I don't know if this is a common issue but I would like it to light up properly again.
    I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with 1 or more of these issues!

Thanks

2. Tsonga

Tsonga New Member

I am also looking into getting my hands on a VAG COM to see if I can run some scans.