temperature gauge not moving, blowing cold air. Thermostat?

bigdavevw

Reaction score
Hi guys, i noticed that my temperature gauge didn,t move at all on my T sport.

I drove 14 miles to work, i stopped to check if the engine was hot, and to see if there was anything obvious, but couldn,t see anything.

Could this be a faulty thermostat? Will it cause damage to my engine if i drive it to and from my work tomorrow?

Dave

Do the blowers work an not blow out heat? Thermostat would stick open or shut making it overheat or run cooler but temp gauge should still move,I'd look at the sensor that feeds the temp gauge if that's not working or broke a wire then it won't move on the gauge but it wouldn't effect the heaters,maybe the hot to cold selector has failed?? Some one with more knowledge may help

Yea the blower still works, and was blowing out luke warm air after a 14 mile commute. The air is usually red jot after a few miles. When i popped the hood the engine just felt at its normal operating temp. There is coolant in the tank, but i forgot to see if it was swirling

hi guys, just a quick question,
I've a similar issue in that the car wont reach temp, most I've seen is about 70 deg on the water temp, however I realised that the oil temp is the same, still a duff stat??
heaters don't seem massively warm in use, engine down on power a little and mpg too, ohhh and takes about 12-20 miles to hit 70 deg even with 20 deg outside temps

When my stat was bust it would hover around 70-80 degrees. Got it swapped and its straight up to 90 and sticks there.