Temp sensor ?

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Hi

My temp gauge rarely rises more than half way to the centre - even on a long drive

I suspect its a temp sensor i need - can someone the part number / and or how easy it is to fit

Cheers

i had the same problem. mine was the thermastat though. but for £30 from gsf it wouldn't do any harm to change both.
the temp sensor is easy a five minute job. the stat is little bit more difficult, but not a hard job.

Whilst on this topic. I started having problems where the temp needle would suddenly drop to 0 then back to 90.
changing the temp sender sorted this problem. More recently the car would change between 87 and 90 and spend most of the time just below 90. After searching on here this sent me in the direction of a new thermostat which was sorted last week. However this has made the problem worse and now the temp fluctuates between 80 and 90 spending most of the time at 80.

Anyone got a clue what is causing this as my patience is starting to thin.

thanks

Westle did a Vag com check for me last weekend (Cheers again mate) and it came up about the sensor,So i changed it and now the temp gauge doesnt work?,,any ideas?..ive put the old one back in to see if it was the new one but it still doesnt move.:(