1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

temp gauge

Lee. Apr 10, 2013

1. Lee.

Lee. New Member

Right then guys, ive had my car about 5 weeks now. I replaced the thermostat and that didn't really seem to make a difference. So I bought a oem equivalant stat, and all was well for a couple of days and then the gauge didn't seem to get much past the 50 degree mark. So I bought a genuine temp sensor, and its made no difference. Oh, its a 2003 1.9tdi 130 avant.

Any ideas?

Cheers guys

2. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

sounds like you have a dead stat

replace it with a genuine one cheap ones are **** and can be dead from new seen this many times

3. Lee.

Lee. New Member

ok cool, will get onto that tomorrow. Dunno why I didn't think of that. 3rd stat in 5 weeks has gotta be a record haha.

4. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Let us know how you get on Lee cos my wife's 2.0 has the same issue, EML came on a couple of weeks ago and the fault showed as the G62 coolant temp sensor, but it had a genuine new one from tps fitted not so long ago so I'm wondering if it's the stat. When driving it runs at 50 degrees, sit stationary in a bit of traffic and it lifts to 70+ degrees, get moving again and it drops back down to 50 degrees.

5. Lee.

Lee. New Member

Well im off to collect the stat tomorrow, so will know by tomorrow night if it's that or not. £25 bloody quid from halesowen audi.

6. Mav190sline

Mav190sline Member

Could possibly be coolant temperature sensor

7. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Cool, keep us posted. The price has gone up quite a bit since I had to buy a new stat for my 2.5 TDi, that was about 18 or so months ago now and it was only £17 for a genuine one.

8. Lee.

Lee. New Member

That's been changed buddy.

Couldn't get there before 13.00, so going to have to be monday now. Ahh well, got a decent sleep anyway...