1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temp Display

V1RDE Feb 25, 2004

1. V1RDE

V1RDE New Member

Did all A3's come with a external temperature display in the dash as mine doesn't seem to work. It's a '97 without the LCD display between the speedo and tacho, just black squares that light up accordingly.

Cheers.

2. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

My 2000 A3 doesn't have a external temp. display. If I remember correctly it was a £94 option at the time.

Kev.

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

mine is blank too (97 A3)

4. phillj

phillj Member

My A3T (2001 face lift) has it.

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think all A3T's have it

6. Drill

Drill Member

In Germany it came with the FIS (DIS) on Facelift models /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif (Not sure if it was available before)

Isn't the sensor located in the front spoiler? I think mine is on the LHS right next to the fog light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

7. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    In Germany it came with the FIS (DIS) on Facelift models /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif (Not sure if it was available before)

Isn't the sensor located in the front spoiler? I think mine is on the LHS right next to the fog light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. Is right next to my air intake (lower left of bumper)

8. cybrey

cybrey Member

My 97 1.8T has the sensor as well.

9. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

You can buy the part and install it in the cluster yourself if your up to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I thought it was part of climate control, as it has 11 different sensors all over the car. One sensor on the front spoiler would give you temp including wind chill, which would be all over the place at 80mph. I think it takes an average from different locations.

11. cybrey

cybrey Member

Nope for outside temperatures theres normally one sensor.. and normally located where it can't be effected by windchill, engine temperature, ie inside the front bumper. I don't know about the temperature sensors for the interior climate control though, there may well be more than one there.

12. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. Is right next to my air intake (lower left of bumper)

[/ QUOTE ]

Me think that's for the CC.....as I have one too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. james_suckling

james_suckling Member

When I got my 2000 (faclift) A3, I did not have the external temp reading. However, When I took the car into the Stealer for an Air-Bag recall, I asked them about it as the display is mentioned in the handbook.

When I picked the car up, hey presto, one external temprature display!! According the Stealer, as long as the car has Climate control, you can get them to 'turn it on'. I guess that anyone with access to VAG .com could do it too, but I've no idea how!!

Best thing was, I didn't even get charged!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif