1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech pack - dictating messages

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by PDA3, Mar 25, 2014.

1. PDA3

PDA3 Member

[Mar 25, 2014]
    Hey

I don't have Connect, but was just fiddling about and realised with my work Blackberry I can ask the MMI to dictate texts and emails. Not with my iPhone though. I thought this was exclusive to Connect but seems not. Thought I'd share in case others didn't realise.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Mar 25, 2014]
    It definitely is only for connect, because it needs a data connection to do the transcription to text. Are you sure you didn't activate a similar feature on your phone? And sure you don't have connect? :p
  4. PDA3

PDA3 Member

[Mar 25, 2014]
    I'm really confused - I did get the tech pack, but not with connect as far as I know. In my glove box I have the media box with 2 sd card slots but no sim slot.

In any case, even without a sim in there, the MMI does dictate my messages on my blackberry. I haven't been able to see google maps on the sat nav, which makes me think I don't have connect....
  5. cemerson

[Mar 25, 2014]
    What do you mean by dictation exactly? The MMI reading messages to you, or you dictating messages to the MMI in order to send them?
  6. PDA3

PDA3 Member

[Mar 25, 2014]
    The MMI dictating to me....
  7. cemerson

[Mar 25, 2014]
    Ah, that's not text message dictation, that's standard with all systems I think (or maybe tech pack only? Not sure on that one). Text message dictation means you can speak the content of a text and it uses voice recognition to convert it to text and send it to a contact.