1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tech info needed please fault code inside.

Audi S3 freak Nov 2, 2012

1. Audi S3 freak

Audi S3 freak Member

hello people, right my problem is im getting the engine management light coming up with the fault codes p1557 and i have no idea what it is! lol sorry but like i have explaind before im new to cars so im often in need off advice! my brother normally does all this for me but hes away at the mo so im sh1t out off luck! any info would be helpful! oh and the engine code is ayp dare i say it....a bloody cupra! Dont hate me the s3 is now about to come off the road for rods and pistons so the cupra is my loan car! lol.
    thanks

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

17965/P1557/005463 - Ross-Tech Wiki

17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
    Possible Symptoms

Reduced power output
    Limp mode

Possible Causes

Boost Pressure too High
    Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
    Charger Pressure Control defective
    VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
    Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective

Possible Solutions

Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
    Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
    Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
    Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

Sounds like its over boosting to me...

<tuffty/>

3. Yohan87

Yohan87 Guest

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

You knowz it! :ninja:

<tuffty/>

5. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

guess who works in IT = very busy working............ :p

6. Audi S3 freak

Audi S3 freak Member

Thanks for the above. Right I plumbed in a boost gauge to see what it's producing and it's only hitting 4psi! Unplugged the n75 and still no change so changed it for a spare and it's still ****. if I pull the pipe off the actuator it hits 15psi every single time it comes on boost? What am I missing as I have no idea what's going on? HELP!!!!!! Fooking cupra!! Sorry bill I know you race one! Lol cheers fellas

7. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

its in limp mode = actuator pressure.. N75 electrically disconnected = actuator only pressure
    clearing fault codes should bring it back to life until it exceeds its boost request again by 250mb and limps again

if 15psi is all it does with nothing connected to actuator its sounding quite tired... it would do way more than that uncontrolled

8. Audi S3 freak

Audi S3 freak Member

Done that bill but comes straight back on limp! Any ideas?
    Would your money be on a dead actuator then? Have a spare k03 kicking about so would you say change the actuator and see what happens from there? Cheers

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012