TDI130 Sport rock hard ride

cnut

Reaction score
I have just completed a 800 mile round trip on my Audi and to be honest I found the ride really hard and uncomfortable. Cruising at 70+ on motorway showed up any slight imperfection on the road and car seemed to crash and jitter over bumps rather than damp them.

I personally don't mind a firm ride but I find this ****** uncomfortable! I'm also expecting my first child come November so I'm a bit worried about how that will cope with it too.

Do all A4 Sports suffer from this? As far as I know the car is completely standard running on original suspension and 17" wheels.

I really like the car other than this and on the first half of the journey managed 52MPG avg :D So I don't want to get rid of it.

What are my options? Will 16" wheels from an SE make much difference? Or are there any aftermarket suspension packages which are more comfort orientated?

Cheers

Sounds to me like your suspension is tired, I had 16" Trapez wheels as standard on my sport & they were comfortable ( did a trip to Disney Paris with the car fully loaded back in Feb & drove smoothly) I have recently put 18's on & the ride is a little firmer but not uncomfortable.

Suspension is a very subjective issue, and you're certainly not the first person to complain about the Sport suspension being harsh.

If you're in the market to replace it, then the OEM stuff is quite expensive anyway, you would be better off to consider a set of matched springs and shocks, just by way of an example:

DPM - Audi A4 B6 Springs & Shocks

my sport aint hard or uncomfatable 1st things is to inspect if the springs have ever been uprated or replaced next what size rims are you running.... mines on 225/40/18 with no issues