TDI Tuning Boxes??

Thinking about getting one of these, worth a punt for the price and if I don’t like it....just remove it?? My way of thinking is, the box sorts out the turbo and the fuelling then the adaptive ECU does the rest??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't do it. Read the description it's an analog tuning box as opposed to a digital tuning box. Although it looks complicated as it has a multi pin connector on a shiny looking box basically its just a resistor.
Exactly the same as this.
http://www.pro-bitz.com/rib/
Nearly all the tuning boxes you get on Ebay or the net for these are just a resistor in a box. If it has a 2 pin connector on it then it's just connecting to the the fuel temp sensor . A proper digital box connects on the harness between the ECU and the injectors.
If you want to try it just get a 180 ohm resistor, maybe 5p, disconnect the fuel temp sensor plug from the sensor and connect the resistor in the place of the fuel temp sensor.
The car will be more powerful, not as much as the figures quoted, it will also be overfuelling almost all of the time and will probably clog the VNT up eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: J0N
The pics in your link are very ‘interesting’, thanks for that

Reminds me of the days of fitting bleed valves or removing actuator pipes on Renault 5 GTT’s haha....