1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tdi tuning box info needed

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by jamesv6tdi, Jun 12, 2014.

1. jamesv6tdi

jamesv6tdi New Member

Hi,can anyone recommend a good tuning box for my 2002 a4 b6 2.5 v6 tdi?

I've never had any experience with this type of tuning and just wondered if they make the claimed figures nm/bhp wise. Or would it be better to go to someone like darkside development for a remap?

Cheers

2. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

REMAP
    REMAP
    REMAP

3. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance in Scotland
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

As above ^^^

4. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member
    Audi A4

If you are in Harrow there are many tuners who could remap it a lot closer than Darkside.
    A remap is the best option and probably not much more than the cost of a tuning box.

5. ljbrah

ljbrah Member

would i be right in thinking a tuning box is generic for the model of car, whereas the remap is specifically tailored to your car?

6. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
    Site Sponsor

the usual benefit of a tuning box on any diesel car is the fact that you can transfer it across from car to car.

As the older 2.5TDI is direct injection then the system we supply called VPC (for bosch VP pumps), is only suitable for VP pump equipped cars so you wouldn't be able to use it on the newer 2.7/3.0 common rail engines.

DTUK® VPC Direct Injection System | chip tuning boxes from Diesel Tuning UK

The kit would be set up for either the 2.5 150/155/163 or 180PS and those are the only 4 VW engines that the box could be use on so we would need to know the specific PS output of your car if you went down the route of a tuning box.

Im not sure what a decent remap would cost for one of these 2.5's, but our box works back at £325.95 with an £80 discount

7. jamesv6tdi

jamesv6tdi New Member

Darkside developments just quoted £250+vat for a custom remap,downside is they don't have a 4wd rolling road...
    Really would like to have it tuned on a dyno, I'm not into chasing dyno numbers but it would nice know its setup/working properly.