1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDI Sport 140 - Remote Central Locking Failure?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lucefer, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Lucefer

Lucefer Member

[Apr 25, 2005]
    I've just changed the battery in one of the remotes and it now fails to open and lock the car.

I've been through the "re-synchronising the remote control" process described in the manual (page 61 - pressing unlock on the remote, switching the ignition on, removing the key) - but this doesn't work.

I rang Nottingham Audi and they said I would need to bring it in and they would run the remote through the computer to diagnose what the problem is. They also kindly said they might charge for this (wouldn't commit to whether they would or not) - so if possible I want to avoid having to take it in.

I'm convinced that the remote is not faulty, as it was working until I decided to swap the battery (replaced with another new one since - just in case).

Have I just missed something obvious? Has anyone had this happen to them? And if so, any ideas?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. wilko

wilko Top Gear

[Apr 28, 2005]
    To be honest me primary key sometimes doesn't work - I have to press the button twice to get it to lock/unlock... Got it from Nottingham Audi (John Fox) I'll ask um next time im in or passing!
  4. Lucefer

Lucefer Member

[Apr 28, 2005]
    Booked in for Thursday 5th. Will let you know how I get on...
  5. Lucefer

Lucefer Member

[May 9, 2005]
    They spent three hours while I waited and failed to find a fault with the system - even after resetting the both remotes.

So they've said they would order me two new remotes and they'll take it from there. Booked in for the 19th....
  6. muskoka

muskoka New Member

[May 9, 2005]
    Mine is just the same when its hot (over 12 ) when the temp is cool it works just fine booked in for next wednesday