1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDI questions

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by clcollins, Dec 6, 2005.

1. clcollins

clcollins Member

[Dec 6, 2005]
    Hello people, a few questions for you:

1) Are braided brake hoses available for the A3 1.9TDI Quattro (2002)? Looked at Goodridge first and they can only suggest the S3 ones but won’t guarantee they will fit my car and as they are made upon request there is no money back if they don’t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2) Would like to fit a Hybrid turbo, quite expensive so want to get it right, should I go for a ‘like for like’ turbo, that is, a Hybrid of the same turbo currently fitted, or get a larger turbo (say off a VW GT TDI 150, or Leon Cupra D) and Hybrid that?

3) What are the part numbers for the turbo currently on my car (130bhp) and the turbo on a 150bhp 1.9TDI (as standard).

4) The finally (and possibly stupid) question is: what about a bi-turbo setup. I thought about getting a turbo from an A2, I’m presuming that as the TDI in A2 is 1.4 that the turbo is smaller, set it up to come in at low revs and the original one at higher revs. Is this lunacy? Would like to know so I can go to the doc’s and get some pills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks in advance, Christian.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Dec 6, 2005]
    To be honest, all sounds like a bit of a waste of money, you'd be better off going out and getting an S3 and spending the money you save on petrol.
  4. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Dec 6, 2005]
    Might be worth giving Star Performance a call.... Jims son ( I think..same surname on his overalls) has a Fabia with a 130 TDi motor. Its much modified and has been on their rollers at 210 bhp and a fat toque figure to match. It has a different turbo, FMIC, Brembo upgrade etc etc...

Ask him about the amount of clutch slip he is currently getting while your on the phone...

A Google for Star Performance, Glenrothes, should give you all you need to know.

Or clicky

Good luck...
  5. chrisb

chrisb Member

[Dec 6, 2005]
    Why not just chip/powerbox it? Even with the standard turbo you should be able to see 160BHP, maybe more.

You might want to take a look at The TDI Club Forums- they're US based, but there's some people with tuned TDIs there,.