1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tdi quattro s-line tuning

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Arf, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Arf

Arf Member

I am getting my 1.9tdi quattro s-line tuned/remapped to 175bhp at star parformance in fife next week does any1 know if will cause any long term grief with the engine or ecu or has any1 had any problems after tuning a tdi let me know if u hav or havnt had problems

cheers
  2. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Don't know about any problems but very interested to know how you got on and what you think of Star.
  3. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

If you treat the car with respect and mechanical sympathy you shouldn't have any problems - Warm up - cool down, idle for a minute before switching off (if poss'). An annual oil change would be advisable too.

One point I've heard about the diesels is the clutch though. But I'm sure driving style would have some bearing on the longivity of the clutch too...................

As for Star Performance - I did a 950 mile round trip to have my Re-Map and it was worth every mile and penny.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. Arf

Arf Member

Cheers for the heads up I will let you know how I get on