TDI Quattro or Fwd what the fuel difference ?

carlsson

Reaction score
Was going to get a S3 but need to purchase another house,which means will be stretched
so thinking of the 2.0 TDI Had a 140bhp fwd sport b4 and was great but wanted to know what
the quattro get's mpg and costs service's etc will be buying used.
also the performance difference between the two,as will get a remap on which ever i get.

thanks guys

Just been through similar decision prior to buying my car, which I opted for 2.0 TDI S Line (170) with FWD and Manual gearbox. Whilst I would have ideally liked the Quattro the slightly higher cost to buy, slightly less mpg I opted not to go for Quattro.

Only regret is I couldn't find a DSG version in a colour etc I wanted......so had the manual.

I have a A3 SB BE 170 S-Tronic (11 Plate) and i get 49.6mpg and that is worked out manually and not via the DIS

The Quattro gets about 3-4mpg less than the FWD...which works out at about £80 more per 10,000 miles - hardly a massive difference when you're paying £1,300 for it, anyway. The service costs are slightly higher, but again probably not enough to bust the bank.

If you're remapping, you'll probably appreciate the extra traction. 140 at stock apparently doesn't really need it, 170 at stock is on the borderline... you'll get wheelspin with aggressive starts.

I'm going for the Quattro, but only because I can fit it into the budget after going via a broker

i looked at getting a 140 quattro worked out another £500 a year with tax, quattro oil, and slightly worse fule econ. i do about 9k a year i currently get 260-280 on a tank ranging from 60mpg to 47.

if i was trying to save money fwd all the way.

i looked at getting a 140 quattro worked out another £500 a year with tax, quattro oil, and slightly worse fule econ. i do about 9k a year i currently get 260-280 on a tank ranging from 60mpg to 47.

if i was trying to save money fwd all the way.

260-280?????????? is ther a hole in your Tank??? :)

I'm not following where you get those numbers from, £100 worth of fuel (if that with your mileage). Tax isn't that much more - Quattro oil isn't £300+ a year more, is it?

no think its about 80 quid every 12 months, i based figures on taking about 7mpg off mine ( worst case) tax its about 30 or 40 more at the moment. i think this is how i worked it out it was a while ago

£30 devided by £1.37 = 21.89 ltr ( thats how much i put in every two weeks most weeks sometimes more)
then worked out it was about a fiver a week more ( can post the full thing if if needed just cba)

****** hell just done it again come out at £380 a year more ? how the f did i work it out last time ?

ill try and fine my pad