1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tdi boost guage

nally Oct 8, 2010

1. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

hi everyone i really want one of these some one in work has one as standard on his mk5 golf gt built in to the rev counter. this one looks sweet but i dont know what my turbo is running at(standard) i would guess 1.5bar but not sure what that is in psi? any one have any experience or herared of any problems with these guages?
    than you nally
    AWE Tuning - Products

2. Rhyso

Rhyso Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

1.5 bar = around 22 PSI

3. Matt_

Matt_ Member

you can get them from regal autosport if you'd rather a uk supplier

4. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

matt is it the same package ? this one fits in with the clocks seemlesly

5. Matt_S

Matt_S Member

6. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

cheers mate. any downfall with having one fitted i.e can it affect the pressure ?

7. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

yep its defo the one mate £170 mite have a look how much it will cost from the states. if anyone has one and is selling up i am intrested

8. Matt_

Matt_ Member

it wont affect the pressure at all fella. i thought about fitting one of these, but imo there not necassary unless you've been tinkering alot! Oil temp/press would be more usefull than boost on standard/remapped car imo.

9. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

i agree its more of something i just want tho (you know when you car is doing your head in costing u a fortune its one of those things you can enjoy on the drive to work when your car is working)

10. luke1987

luke1987 Air Ride is for Ballers!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  11. Matt_

Matt_ Member

something abit different to look at, i get you lol.
    I was looking at that on awesome, i remebered seeing a pic of mounted in a vent, and there was actually a kit to do it, but couldnt find it anywhere! it looked quality!

12. luke1987

i cant find the kit for an a3 but im sure if u give them a call they will know, im seriously thinking about getting one as it shows up fault codes too, it just plugs in like a diaognostic tool. and u get all the boost pressure/torque/bhp etc, if u could get it installed in to the vent it would look wicked and subtle not like a big guage pod,

13. Matt_

Matt_ Member

yeah, its much better than just a boost gauge. I seem to remeber finding it in the TT seaction, but last time i looked couldnt find it.

14. luke1987

15. luke1987

16. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

its not cheap lol wonder if its worth the extra money and how dificut it would be it fit

17. Matt_

Matt_ Member

ive just noticed i seem to have two usernames on here, Matt_s is also me. Not sure how ive managed that! Yes, they are alot

18. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

any pics or vids of one working