1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDi + Bluefin = :-)

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by mehtaman, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mehtaman

mehtaman Member

[Jun 27, 2012]
    Just thought I would write up this post to give Bluefin a big thumbs up...

I decided to go for a Bluefin remap on my 2.0TDi (140PD) and I have to say I am very impressed.
    I ordered the ECU Flasher yesterday, it arrived today and within an hour I had uploaded my original map and downloaded a bluefin map onto the car.
    I took the car for a quick drive and the changes are very noticeable, the car picks up great and yet still maintains a smooth throttle response throughout.
    The remap has really given the car that little something that it was lacking before.

Should have a PiperCross panel filter arrive tomorrow for a little more noise to go with the new performance :) .
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. RYN-LDN

RYN-LDN Member

[Jun 28, 2012]
    This was my first mod on my A4 TDI and I still enjoy the drive a year later! I'm still surprised I'm getting good fuel economy with the extra power on tap! Is it still 20% off RRP? I got mine at full price.. Gutted lol
  4. mehtaman

mehtaman Member

[Jun 28, 2012]
    It is good to hear that a year on the car is still performing well and delivering a great driving experiance.

They do indeed still have the 20% off deal in place.
    It was one of the reasons I went for the Bluefin.

Have you had any problems with any mechanical parts like the clutch for example?
  5. RYN-LDN

RYN-LDN Member

[Jun 28, 2012]
    Methaman, I've had no problems at all with the clutch or any other mechanical parts since I have had it on the car.. Although before I had it serviced (full service + cam belt & water pump change), there was quite a bit of black smoke coming from the rear but after I got it back from the garage, the smoke levels went back to normal.

I do find filling up with Shell or BP's premium diesel that I get a little less smoke and better fuel economy - but not by a huge amount over regular.
  6. mehtaman

mehtaman Member

[Jun 28, 2012]
    That's what I like to hear.
    I think my next expense is a Cam Belt/Water Pump change as I have recently passed the 50k mark.
    I have not noticed any smoke yet, although it does not bother me too much.
  7. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

[Jun 30, 2012]
    I did the same on my 170ps 2.0Tdi - Big smiles all round :o.k: