Tdi BKD Intake hose developed let me know what you think

TDI140

Reaction score

TDI BKD hose developed,let me know what you think

silicone made its thick 4ply silicone material very strong and much bigger than the flimsy standard plastic hose, fits BKD engine not sure about the pd170 if the intake hose is the same then it will fit

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tdi-man
please forgive my ignorance but what benefit would this bring? Or is it purely for looks?

Reactions: NHN
As above comment, having a small section like this fitted just looks odd detracts rather than adds.

It looks good but also the standard one has split a 3 times for me now so decided to have one made, also this is much larger than the original plastic hose so more air passes through but mainly had it developed so i dont have to keep buying new plastic ones as there £39 black ones are available as well, there a better design to the darkside developments ones

If yours has split several times, then I can understand the reasoning for getting this, but for anyone that hasn't had split oem plastics as per myself on 2 cars, I'd say its a waste of money IMHO, it wont make any difference to power at all, as it still has the same feed & onward size connections, its no different interms of fitment & diameter tbh.

Also saying its not a sales pitch then telling everyone a price & colours available in, is a bit contradictory fella, if its an item that's going to be for sale in various guises & quantities, then the seller would need to be a sponsor to offer these things unless its a once only group buy, of which it doesn't appear to be, you need to make it clear whose selling these & the setup, so admin can look at this picture.

Pretty sure you've already posted this before, then you had the same comments as above and you deleted the thread.

waste of time unless you develop the pipe all the way to the inlet of the turbo. Plus your clamping plastic pipes with a mikalor clamp, which is made for EXHAUSTS and that probably doesn't help with cracking plastic pipes.

If it was needed it would have been developed by now.

Reactions: Rhyso, martinivw and NHN
I do wonder, have you checked your mounts for play, as the flexy would only realistically be stretched/crack if mounts were worn a fair bit & it allowed the flexy to, well basically flex allot more.

The other cause of the flex becoming holy, as such, is the tandem pump/lines clips, to the left of the intake/maf area, it catches the flexy & creates a hole, but nothing detrimental to cause problems as such IMHO.

Mounts are all fine so is tandem pump lines, when you move it it just splits so silicone is a way to improve this

Pretty sure you've already posted this before, then you had the same comments as above and you deleted the thread.

waste of time unless you develop the pipe all the way to the inlet of the turbo. Plus your clamping plastic pipes with a mikalor clamp, which is made for EXHAUSTS and that probably doesn't help with cracking plastic pipes.

If it was needed it would have been developed by now.
clamps don't need to be so tight thats the plastic cracks mate, also dark side developments but a silicone bend on there intake pipe soit must be for a reason mate

2.0 TDi BKD (PD140) Airbox to TIP Silicone Hose - Darkside Developments

Mounts are all fine so is tandem pump lines, when you move it it just splits so silicone is a way to improve this

Not really, the silicone doesn't have the play in it which is needed for that joint, hence the flexy parts & if yours is cracking time after time, then you do have an issue there, as these are not prone to cracking unless they're under undue stress.

Not sure pal ive bought 3 now so it could be down to when i clean the air filter maybe it moves around but i rang darkside up and they say the flexy plastic is a let down and cracks so the silicone one is much better and they know the BKD probably best out of everyone

I wasn't aware of the dark side one, anyway dark side one looks much better and is cheaper.

Thats all I can say tbh, but I don't believe I will ever be purchasing one of these pointless things either from yourself or darkside no matter what it looks like.

I wasn't aware of the dark side one, anyway dark side one looks much better and is cheaper.

Thats all I can say tbh, but I don't believe I will ever be purchasing one of these pointless things either from yourself or darkside no matter what it looks like.
no one is forcing you

open cone filter was the next step im just trying to find a decent open cone filter and then hopefully make some sort of heat sheild as well