TDI 170 OIL

musicegbdf

Reaction score
OK The car has only done 800 miles but won't need topping up yet. The Car came with 1L of Castrol SLX Professional, but my daughter pinched it. So I need to buy some more. Looking on the web don't seem to be may places selling it ?
I suppose I can pay through the nose and go to Audi dealer...Any one know of stockists or compatible replacement (assume it is synthetic). Have read on Halfords site that Castrol Edge is compatible ..?

Thks

Last edited:
I guess that any synthetic would be ok, but i too prefer to have just one brand in the engine.Personally my a4 came with shell helix 5/40, which is available at all shell stations making it easy to grab a litre...but at a price.I buy mine from ebay (as long as the sellers feedback is good obviously) and its a darn site cheaper

OK The car has only done 800 miles but won't need topping up yet. The Car came with 1L of Castrol SLX Professional, but my daughter pinched it. So I need to buy some more. Looking on the web don't seem to be may places selling it ?
I suppose I can pay through the nose and go to Audi dealer...Any one know of stockists or compatible replacement (assume it is synthetic). Have read on Halfords site that Castrol Edge is compatible ..?

Thks

Don't assume Audi dealers are expensive. My dealer sells the oil cheaper than Halfords!!