1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDI 170 - need new turbo ASAP!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by eddscott, Nov 26, 2012.

1. eddscott

eddscott Member

Hi there,

My 170 is spewing oil out the exhaust and is in need of a new turbo. My local garage is having a bit of a hard time sourcing one outside of VAG who want £1300 + vat.

Does anyone know where I can get a turbo for this car? Has to be new/refurb or something. Not from a breakers.

We've had some faily devastating news in the family and I needed this car to get to a hospital 70 miles away every day and this f*cking car decides to break down. Having spent £600 odd quid not too long ago on failure repairs to say I'm disgusted with the reliabilty of his car is an understatement.
  2. carl-1968

carl-1968 A4 Derv for sale ask me for details!

Pm sent
  3. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

GSF and euro car parts may sell this turbo? Midland turbo also.
  4. eddscott

eddscott Member

Cheers for the replies. Managed to get one for £850+vat. I can't wait a week or so to have the original repaired. Hopefully its not on an echange basis so I can get the original back, get it refurbed and sold on to recoup some of the cost.

Such a good idea buying a diesel audi :(